Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G20 3 Series m sport

The 2019 3 Series, chassis code G20, will be the 7th generation of the BMW 3 Series. With production of the current 3 Series winding down in October of 2018 official details on the next generations will be out in the fall of the same year. In the run up to that release BMW has been out heavily testing. We've spied the G20 testing before, but this is the most complete test mule to date.

G20 3 Series m sport

Right away the front bumper and larger brakes of the M Sport are visible as is a trunk spoiler lip, rear diffuser, and lower suspension. This is also the first look at finished exhaust tips on the G20. The tips shown are the M Sport, we expect that some engine versions will keep the round tips.

G20 3 Series m sport

The G20 3 Series will be built upon the CLAR platform, which will underpin all models from the 3 Series and higher. Expect the same models and variants as the current generation 3 Series.

G20 3 Series m sport

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Really hoping for some more interior spy shots soon. The last interior spy shots were shown with the same dash as the F30.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not a fan of the much smaller kidney grills and smaller headlights. The front of the car reminds me of a Honda S2000.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I see the kidney grills are at least as big as the F30. The top section is covered up, my guess is it will have plastic between the top section of the grills, like the current X1.

Tim

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It does look like the hood will again follow the lines of the kidneys again.

I don't know how I feel about the exhaust. I like the old school round tail pipes, also, I feel like for the smaller engined cars it will look odd to just have them on one side so I would suspect all versions to have one on each side most likely.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Not a fan either. I like the twin tips on the left as its been forever. These look a little Hyundai Genesis coupe to me....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not a fan either. I like the twin tips on the left as its been forever. These look a little Hyundai Genesis coupe to me....
I had the same reaction about the exhaust tips. I think they are trying to look like Mercedes Benz - not a fan at all.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I drove so many BMWs during their upstate NJ events. I even drove their X6M and M5 of 2015. I would say they are more of a refined 50i. A very refined 50i. I felt like I was in another world and all the other vehicles were just there. I think the vehicles were $150k. A Tesla happened to cut me off but they didn't know it was mine. The look of the girls passengers face of the Audi SUV behind me one lane to the left and back when I took off was in awe. I'm not saying it's the best car as it's been shown that the BMW M5 Taxi wrecked out because it tried to beat the Porsche which had much room to spare in the Nurburgring. The best is when you realize you think what you have at the moment is the best but end up getting smoked by something far superior when testing hard.

·
Super Moderator
7,997 Posts
Integrated exhaust tips are the current fashion. Not surprising at all. As far as other details, take everything you see with a grain of salt on a camouflaged prototype like this. Certainly as Tim said above, the grills are partly covered by the camo.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The side profile looks a lot like the Alfa Romeo Giulia. Can't wait to see this unwrapped!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts