·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fog lights are gone on 2019's without the M Sport package

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Here we go again. Nickel and diming de-contenting. I hadn't noticed that before when reviewing the Pricing guide. Like my previous 2014 F10 LCI base, no fogs, but you got them with Luxury or MSport.

I stopped by my dealer over the weekend to pick up some coolant, and I saw a couple of 2019 530i's. I noticed the door handles looked really cheap, especially on the white. The chrome strip was gone, and the key hole cover on the driver door was huge. I don't know if this was because it was not a Luxury or MSport, but if they dropped that strip, they are moving forward to strip the car of small items to pinch every penny.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here we go again. Nickel and diming de-contenting. I hadn't noticed that before when reviewing the Pricing guide. Like my previous 2014 F10 LCI base, no fogs, but you got them with Luxury or MSport.

I stopped by my dealer over the weekend to pick up some coolant, and I saw a couple of 2019 530i's. I noticed the door handles looked really cheap, especially on the white. The chrome strip was gone, and the key hole cover on the driver door was huge. I don't know if this was because it was not a Luxury or MSport, but if they dropped that strip, they are moving forward to strip the car of small items to pinch every penny.
I can give BMW a pass on the key hole covers, but not on the fog lights. I have owned 7 BMW's and other brands; all had fog lights (I never had to order). It should not be part of a package that has nothing to do with lighting. If not standard then at the very least should be a standalone option. In some areas such as where I live in Vermont, fog lights are sometimes a necessity. I will somehow have to cope when the shoulder lines are missing and it is foggy or rainy.
[BTW with key-less entry the the door locks are covered with a small flush cover, making them invisible]

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I can give BMW a pass on the key hole covers, but not on the fog lights. I have owned 7 BMW's and other brands; all had fog lights (I never had to order). It should not be part of a package that has nothing to do with lighting. If not standard then at the very least should be a standalone option. In some areas such as where I live in Vermont, fog lights are sometimes a necessity. I will somehow have to cope when the shoulder lines are missing and it is foggy or rainy.
[BTW with key-less entry the the door locks are covered with a small flush cover, making them invisible]
Well now I don't remember for sure. The 530i's were kind of strippers, but I think they at least had CA. The flush cover on the driver door handle was about 2x the size of the 2018 handle. It really stood out. The door handle looks flatter and wider, the white looked particularly bad. I checked the configurator last night, looks like no chrome handle strip on any package.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts