Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
Just picked up my first BMW 2 weeks ago, Hockenheim Silver :) - lover her. This week something odd. I park her on a 20 degree angle and last two days the hand brake gas allowed her to roll up to 2 feet backwards. For clarity I pull her in, leaver her in Drive, engage the brake, and turn her off. When I take my foot off the brake pedal, she rolls significantly. I***8217;ve owned performance cars before, both manual and automatic and never had this issue. This isn***8217;t normal for BMW, right? Any advice or input?
Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on your M2. Sounds like you have DCT...just to make sure you leave it in drive turn off car...the dashboard now shows P for park right? Then you engage hand brake...

I had the same problem in my M2... One you have to really pull hard on the hand brake. There is usually one last click. Two ...this was me... I was turning off the car in neutral when I first had it thus not engaging the parking gear.

My driveway is about that steep and that resolved my issue.

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
Thats normal. with the car running using the emergency brake hydraulically locks all 4 wheels. when you turn the car off it switches to mechanically holding just the rear wheels thus allowing it to roll a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts