1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
Unreal!! They***8217;re not coming to Chicago! What***8217;s up with that?!

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Unreal!! They're not coming to Chicago! What's up with that?!
Perhaps BMW of NA wants Chicago area prospects to book a trip to NYC, Miami, San Francisco, or Los Angeles. :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last week I did the ude at MetLife stadium what interesting is that bmw is not involved with the New York auto show which happen at the same time. Any way I did the auto cross in a fully loaded rwd 330i the car handled nicely but I wanted to try out the car during the street drive.
So I test drove the following cars during the street drive m850, m240, 330, z4, 530, x2, x5, and x7. My favorite was the 8 series but I liked driving the 330. It was a non m sport rwd model. I am still not getting use to the non dashboard. As for the other models I’m not a big fan of the x2. While the x5 and x7 were great for a suv. The only problems I had at the event was a buffoon driving a 330 with his friend lost control of the car while making a simple turn. He tried to act like professional driver and put the Dsc off. The car was going all over the place. If you lose control on a 250hp car in sunny weather you should not be driving.
My advise for the event get there early if you want to drive the z4 and m850. The most interesting car I saw at the parking lot was a Japanese spec Mitsubishi Colt. IMG_2170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
360 Posts
For those of you not near a city that is getting a UDE, keep your eyes open for what BMW is calling "M Town Tour". I signed up for the one on May 25 at the dealership here in Columbia, and you can drive your choice of one from M850i Convertible, M5 Competition, M340i, M2 Competition or X3 M.

I picked the M850i, as it is the new hotness, but if a road course was involved I'd have gone for the M5 Comp.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
For those of you not near a city that is getting a UDE, keep your eyes open for what BMW is calling "M Town Tour". I signed up for the one on May 25 at the dealership here in Columbia, and you can drive your choice of one from M850i Convertible, M5 Competition, M340i, M2 Competition or X3 M.

I picked the M850i, as it is the new hotness, but if a road course was involved I'd have gone for the M5 Comp.
Thanks for posting this!! I registered at two different Chicagoland dealers for the 850, the 340, and the ///M2.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts

Thanks for posting this!! I registered at two different Chicagoland dealers for the 850, the 340, and the ///M2.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Link to register: https://mtowntour.bmwusa.com/

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks for the info. I signed up to drive the M5 competition.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yesterday I did the M town tour at Morristown bmw. I just to tell you that you get a water bottle at the event but no Ol test drive coupon. Their are 5 vehicles at the event ( m340, m850, m5 competition, m2 competition and the x3m) I drove 4 of the 5 vehicles. I did not drive the x3m since their was a large waiting list.
M340- it was great the version they had was equipped with the tire and cooling packing. The car handle the crappy jersey road pretty well although I prefer the adaptive suspension. My negatives is that the heads up display does not work well with polarized sun glasses, the plastics below the hvac vent can be a little softer, the electric dashboard design, and the plastics near the center console was in the cheap side. Overall it the only car of the five I would consider and I can see my self owning one in the future.
M5 competition- extremely quick
M850 convertible- nice car but on the heavy side. This is the only car where you have supervision.
M2 competition- very old school compared to the others. Handles great but you do feel the bumps on the road. This is the car to take when the event goes to flemington on Thursday. IMG_2229.jpg IMG_2224.jpg IMG_2225.jpg IMG_2223.jpg IMG_2228.jpg

·
Byron
162 Posts
Got my M340i on 6/1. I"m really liking the engine, transmission, and suspension... great driving position as well. But with only around 600 miles I've had to restrain my right foot.

It's also working for transporting my sea kayak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts