BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the SOS battery replaced 3 months ago then the other day the warning came back. It went into the dealer today and they replaced the battery again saying the first replacement battery had the wrong date on it. When I collected the car the battery discharged warning was displayed. Spoke to the tech who said something was drawing the battery down whilst parked. The only thing it could be is the dash cam. Took the car home, disconnected the dash cam at the fuse box and put the battery on charge. Battery fully charged but still get the warning that my battery is discharged and I should drive the car or put it on charge. Took it for a 30 mile drive to see if it reset the warning but no, battery discharged warning still comes up. Checked battery voltage under the bonnet and showing 12.7v engine off and 14.7v engine running. This is well within spec so does anyone have any ideas?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,753 Posts
I am not familiar with a Battery Discharged warning. A High Battery Discharge warning is common, due to such as unauthorized accessories.

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,151 Posts
I have been there... let me put you out of your misery (and please feel free to search up my battery thread and google me on youtube Adrianjayonline)

You battery is damaged after discharge.. done, needs replacing

If I'm correct and this is whatr generally happens

1> Draw on battery
2> Takes it down to below 11.4
3> IF AGM, your toast, it's done.

fix the DRAW before replacing the battery, my dashcam fubar'd ny battery.

Apprently you can bring back AGM's back from the dead, there is a procedure.

that's it...

BTW, get yourself a solar ba9 and check your battery

(here links below)

Had the SOS battery replaced 3 months ago then the other day the warning came back. It went into the dealer today and they replaced the battery again saying the first replacement battery had the wrong date on it. When I collected the car the battery discharged warning was displayed. Spoke to the tech who said something was drawing the battery down whilst parked. The only thing it could be is the dash cam. Took the car home, disconnected the dash cam at the fuse box and put the battery on charge. Battery fully charged but still get the warning that my battery is discharged and I should drive the car or put it on charge. Took it for a 30 mile drive to see if it reset the warning but no, battery discharged warning still comes up. Checked battery voltage under the bonnet and showing 12.7v engine off and 14.7v engine running. This is well within spec so does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts