Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just bought my ***8216;19 X3 M40i a couple of weeks ago and while driving over the weekend I noticed this annoying rattling noise coming from the sunroof when driving over minor bumps. It gets worst when I open it. Sounds like something is loose. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what did you do to fix the problem? Made an appointment with the dealership, so I***8217;m hoping they***8217;ll be able to fix it. I searched online and it seems like it***8217;s a panoramic sunroof issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
763 Posts
seat belt buckles

I had some rattling in mine that turned out to be the seat belt buckles rattling against the hard plastic on the sides of the seats. I pushed the latches into different positions along the belt and problem solved.

·
Certified Car Nut
210 Posts
I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the sunroof. I found the passenger side sun visor unlatched. Secured the visor, the rattle went away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sunroof???

I have also had this rattle noise on certain bumps that seems to come from sun roof area...thought it was the passenger seat belt hitting door but wasn't and isnt other sun visor. Have people with similar experience found that the dealer will acknowledge this is a moonroof issue and are able to fix? Otherwise this car seems similarly tight and rattle free as my former 2008 535xi that was always tight as a drum!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same problem with my '16 when I bought it. Took it back in, they said they cleaned and lubed the tracks and put in some felt padding. That seemed to have cured the problem and haven't heard any rattles in over 2 years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same problem with my '16 when I bought it. Took it back in, they said they cleaned and lubed the tracks and put in some felt padding. That seemed to have cured the problem and haven't heard any rattles in over 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts