BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else with the new 2019 X5 noticed that the surround view is way off? I've taken mine to the dealer twice about this. At first, just the left side was off. The realigned the cameras, and now the entire back view is shifted as you can see from the photo in my driveway. They said they thought it was the command module, but then they called and said it behaves the same as all the other 2019 X5s on the lot.

I wanted to be able to use this feature when parallel parking and when I'm navigating around all the other cars in my driveway. It works great in the X3 that still has the old technology in it. Terribly disappointing that this seems to be broken in the new technology released.

Attachments

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,042 Posts
I guess it's good that BMW is going to be able to make good use of their new OTA software update capabilities with all of the bugs in the new iDrive 7.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,529 Posts
Remember that you asked them to do something difficult and technically detailed, AND their lips were moving. Get a second opinion. DO NOT lead the witness, ***8220;They said they***8217;re all like this.***8221; Say rather, ***8220;My 360 view is broken.***8221;

A video equalizer is used to flatten and compose the various camera views. There is no particular camera mechanical alignment of which I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doug. I'm doing my best to refused to accept that this is just how it works. This is now my second trip to the dealer. I setup a time tomorrow morning to look at the surround view for the other X5s on the lot tomorrow morning to see if they are all really screwed up as well. All the demos on YouTube show surround view working without the error I am seeing, so either my car is messed up or the latest update messed them all up. Either way, surely this can be fixed via software if the cameras are installed properly. If it is the latter, I can't be the only one complaining about this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts