Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2021 330e has a range of amperage maximum when plugged in from 6-16 amps. Mine randomly defaults to the 6 amp setting after being set to 16. If I don't take notice when it changes it fails to charge completely overnight. Sometimes it goes a week and sometimes it is a daily reset that's required. The BMW genius line had no fix and claimed not to have heard of the issue. Any ideas? Trying not to make it a dealer visit which is an hour away (and not sure they'll know what to do).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't have an answer for you on your situation, but figured you might want to hear what is going on with new deliveries. We have a 2021 330e on order. We placed the order in June and still haven't gotten the car. Just talked with someone on the Genius Line and they informed us that our car is sitting at the Port of Jersey and won't be sent to the dealership until they get an issue solved that involves the battery and charging. They've created a recall and are holding onto all 330e's that haven't yet been delivered to the buyer. Word is that there isn't a fix yet, but we were assured that there will be. We were told that they will be issuing $1000 discounts to buyers to help compensate for the inconvenience. You should definitely call BMW if you haven't yet. They are well aware of the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! BMW claims that my car is unaffected by the recall though I took delivery in late July. Hard to believe but I've not caught fire yet. The dealer did finally agree that there is an issue with charging rate resetting randomly after talking to his RPT but they have no fix at this time. Aside from that issue I do love the car. Good luck with yours.

·
aMiraLy
31 Posts
Thanks! BMW claims that my car is unaffected by the recall though I took delivery in late July. Hard to believe but I've not caught fire yet. The dealer did finally agree that there is an issue with charging rate resetting randomly after talking to his RPT but they have no fix at this time. Aside from that issue I do love the car. Good luck with yours.
Another 2021 330e owner here. Mine seems to maintain the change I have made to Max setting (16A). Have you already tried creating a Driver profile and updating the settings afterwards? In my experience, some of the settings that I made before creating my user was lost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have created a driver profile, thanks. Mostly it holds the setting but randomly changes and I’m always using the same key. You enjoying your 330e? Not many out there.

·
aMiraLy
31 Posts
I have created a driver profile, thanks. Mostly it holds the setting but randomly changes and I’m always using the same key. You enjoying your 330e? Not many out there.
I do! I posted some pictures on another thread here. Pasting the link here. Love the Mountain Ridge Blue with lighter interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. Have fun with that! Wishing I’d sprung for the premium stereo but otherwise very happy. Huge improvement from my 328d.

·
aMiraLy
31 Posts
By the way, has anyone heard about BMW issuing recalls for PHEVs? looks like it is impacting almost all models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts