Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to do 3rd ED of a 4 series convertible next spring

am i the only one that thinks that the new giant front grille is ugly especially when you add a license plate?

my wife jokes like it looks exaggerated like from the movie Cars

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,521 Posts
want to do 3rd ED of a 4 series convertible next spring

am i the only one that thinks that the new giant front grille is ugly especially when you add a license plate?
You're in for a second disappointment so we might as well address it quickly: Last month, BMW terminated the European Delivery program.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You're in for a second disappointment so we might as well address it quickly: Last month, BMW terminated the European Delivery program.
Not a disappointment as who would want to pick up a BMW with an Edsel grill in Europe (or anywhere else). ugliest car in the history of the company.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

first visited BMW factory in 1976 while visiting my west point buddy there and attending the octoberfest

have also done a SC pick up of a x5 which was fun

wanted to do my 3rd ED by picking up one last BMW convertible in Munich and then driving to Tuscany where my sister has lived for nearly 50 years
priceless driving it around the hills there

www.corzanoepaterno.com
lovely farm shown on tony bourdain show

god is th enew 4 series super ugly

my roommate at Boston College got a 2002 bmw in 1974 when he graduated
basic car and fun to drive
my idea of a bmw

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just to comment on the looks: the grill is so damn ugly. Such a massive disappointment. Got my first bmw in 2016, so sad to see the company going in such a hideous direction at the onset of my fandom, lol.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I remember reading somewhere about why Lexus has such hideous grilles. The article said that young Chinese buyers preferred them. Could this be the same thinking by BMW?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was sooooo looking forward to ordering a G82 M4 Competition. After seeing the reveal, I guess I’ve already bought my last BMW... :(

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I remember reading somewhere about why Lexus has such hideous grilles. The article said that young Chinese buyers preferred them. Could this be the same thinking by BMW?
I have come to the conclusion that it is not the size of the grill that is a turn off for me...it is the orientation. If they increased the size horizontally, I would not have a problem. I think a wide front grill looks terrific. But a tall front grill on a modern BMW looks out of place (to me).

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,569 Posts
Bailed out on a new 4 series Coupe because of the grill. Stayed with BMW with a G series.

But if the new grill spreads throughout the line its over.

·
Registered
E93 335i, somewhat mod <> Fog City, CA
2,226 Posts
Not a disappointment as who would want to pick up a BMW with an Edsel grill in Europe (or anywhere else). ugliest car in the history of the company.

Now Steve, your post may have been in early June, but if it's not so, it's just not so.

That grill is more homage to Soviet farm vehicles than Edsel Ford, emphasis on the farmer's friend, his tractor.

Here's a 1953 model, in Belarus Grey. Notice the massive kidney grill, occupying the entire front facing facia?

And here, a 1958 Soviet workhorse, again with the kidney grill:

And who could forget the Zetor T25, symbol of Soviet technological might?

Just stretch it a bit on the X Axis, Steve. There's your massive BMW grill.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I agree once a license plate is added there is no justice done to the front end. However, in my opinion Lexus is far worse. I am replacing my 2011 in a year and a half, so when I do I will either buy the 4 or another 3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts