Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the news my new B7 went into production! I ordered it the day the book went live I'm told it might be one of the first ones in the states. Metallic Green. Amarone Brown interior, 21's Bowers and Luxury rear seat. Probably August delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just got the news my new B7 went into production! I ordered it the day the book went live I'm told it might be one of the first ones in the states. Metallic Green. Amarone Brown interior, 21's Bowers and Luxury rear seat. Probably August delivery.
Don't think I've ever seen a Metallic Green 7. Looks sweet from the image. Be sure to post pictures once you take delivery. Congrats!

Jerry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations!

August won't get here fast enough!

I'm trying to cut the cord w/ MB after many years and a bad experience w/ my last lease - The B7 looks like a great performance / comfort compromise. Its between a B7 and an Audi S8 for me.

Did you consider the S8? Have you owned previous B7's? All good experiences?
Any comments appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
audi s8

I do currently have a 2017 B7. I have owned MB S63, XJR, and an RS7. For me, I am a big guy, nothing compares to the B7. In three years I've seen 1 other one. Every AMG and BMW guy drools over it. It's way faster than advertised and much quicker than my old S63, all while being able to take friends to a nice dinner with no compromises. The fact that BMW has a reasonable lease program helps too. I went to lease a Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid turbo S, lol $4500 a month, no thanks. Get the b7 until you go Bentley, nothing compares.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the insight. just what i was hoping for. I'm a little bummed that we can't get the premium leather upgrade available in Europe due to some issue w/ US airbag non-compliance...
How is the noise isolation from passing traffic, etc? All i hope to hear is the burble from the exhaust...
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noise

You know that really is the only disappointing thing if you like exhaust noise. The B7 is an echo chamber, you can't hear anything unless you are on full-tilt boogie sport mode.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm...when you say "echo chamber", you mean it's quiet inside, right? That's what I'm looking for...my current 2018 S560 has poor cabin noise isolation - I hear cars passing by, trucks idling at stops...sounds i never heard in previous S65, Cl63's I've owned. So the exhaust note is muted in the cabin unless in sport / dynamic mode? I'd be OK with that.

Moving to a BMW B7 wouldl be a big move for me after 14 consecutive MB sedans...all great except this last car that MB refused to replace...trying hard not to use the $10k coupon they gave me for being an unhappy "Diamond Tier" customer when i order my next MB.

Thanks again for your valuable input.

·
In Heaven
2,967 Posts
I do currently have a 2017 B7. I have owned MB S63, XJR, and an RS7. For me, I am a big guy, nothing compares to the B7. In three years I've seen 1 other one. Every AMG and BMW guy drools over it. It's way faster than advertised and much quicker than my old S63, all while being able to take friends to a nice dinner with no compromises. The fact that BMW has a reasonable lease program helps too. I went to lease a Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid turbo S, lol $4500 a month, no thanks. Get the b7 until you go Bentley, nothing compares.
Congratulations... Miss my ole gale... Got concerned after a repair which went south and required overall of the entire hydraulic system to the tune of 25K covered by goodwill and BMW... Thank God!!!
If you do not mind sharing privately, please, PM me the details of your lease so I can compare what they have now... Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2021 b7 dog

Again, congrats on your pending new B7! Will be a stunner!

Would you happen to have the DOG readily available? Would appreciate a link.

Kind thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know that really is the only disappointing thing if you like exhaust noise. The B7 is an echo chamber, you can't hear anything unless you are on full-tilt boogie sport mode.
Apologies for asking again, but do I understand you to mean that the B7 interior is well isolated from road noise penetration and that the exhaust sounds are therefore somewhat muted?
I’ve owned several high end AMG models and know what to expect from them. I can’t even find a used late model B7 in the Bay Area to test drive. They are seriously rare up here. I’m sure LA is a much different story.
Also seems that the Alpina B7 area of this forum is not very active...there isn’t an Alpina forum that covers all models from what I’ve seen.
Appreciate your further info.
Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Apologies for asking again, but do I understand you to mean that the B7 interior is well isolated from road noise penetration and that the exhaust sounds are therefore somewhat muted?
I’ve owned several high end AMG models and know what to expect from them. I can’t even find a used late model B7 in the Bay Area to test drive. They are seriously rare up here. I’m sure LA is a much different story.
Also seems that the Alpina B7 area of this forum is not very active...there isn’t an Alpina forum that covers all models from what I’ve seen.
Appreciate your further info.
Thanks
Yes, it is fairly quiet compared to an M car but you definitely hear the engine more than the regular 750. I've owned several M cars and they were loud from the inside and even louder for anyone standing outside the car. But, the B7 will not do any burbles or grunts if that's what you're after.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry, that is just what i meant. It is super quiet inside a different story if you are the poor car behind it though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations... Miss my ole gale... Got concerned after a repair which went south and required overall of the entire hydraulic system to the tune of 25K covered by goodwill and BMW... Thank God!!!
If you do not mind sharing privately, please, PM me the details of your lease so I can compare what they have now... Thank you.

Nothing down 36/36 2138 per month

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2021 B7 almost here!

So my new one sits in Baltimore harbor enroute to Brunswick Ga then a trip to St Pete. I imagine first week of August! This will have to do til then.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2021 delivery next week!

Car arrives at Bert smith on Monday. They are putting it on the lift for me and I am ceramic coating it it will take two days. So Wednesday driving it straight to tinting then to the audio shop for radar jammers...

·
whughes
2,026 Posts
Assume you mean laser jammers, What model are you going with. Radenso radar detector and ALP-2 laser jammer is an integrated front & Rear set up. hands down the best. would like to see pics of how they installed the display it inside the car

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Pics of the entire car please, inside and out!

·
whughes
2,026 Posts
radenso with 5 heads. Ill get pics
cool!, Watch radenso, they are about to come out with an AI detector called Theia, but not until the fall, may want to replace that part of your system.

Which heads are you getting?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts