Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up not ordering the 20 and waited for the 21s. I can now place an order and plan to shortly. Any insights, knowledge out there? Feedback on the changes?

There is a lot less dialog on this forum than i expected. When i bought my x5 years ago it was loaded with very helpful insights, highlights, etc. I hope this picks up with the 21s.

One specific question. I noticed on the order sheet you can get the black wheels 21inch for models other than the M. Anyone know why i can't get the black 21s with the M? I love the 22 inch wheels but just can't get over the fact that i can't get an all season. Time is already limited, i sure hate to add a fall and spring session of changing wheels.

Anyone know why they stopped the full Merino option? Disappointing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depending on your selection be it 40i or 50i M or lux.
Generally speaking the 2020 is more loaded than the 2021 and gives you more options to pick from that were removed In 2021 ordering guide.

As for the wheels. The M brakes are bigger in size and not all wheels support them. You have to dig for Wheels that can provide space for the calis to fit.
Or go After market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
I ended up not ordering the 20 and waited for the 21s. I can now place an order and plan to shortly. Any insights, knowledge out there? Feedback on the changes?

There is a lot less dialog on this forum than i expected. When i bought my x5 years ago it was loaded with very helpful insights, highlights, etc. I hope this picks up with the 21s.

One specific question. I noticed on the order sheet you can get the black wheels 21inch for models other than the M. Anyone know why i can't get the black 21s with the M? I love the 22 inch wheels but just can't get over the fact that i can't get an all season. Time is already limited, i sure hate to add a fall and spring session of changing wheels.

Anyone know why they stopped the full Merino option? Disappointing.
I have the 2021 M50i and love it. I like they updated a few things, such as Sirius XM 360, Android Auto, etc., which are features I use tons. Although there are just a few things that cannot be ordered on the 2021, such as Off Road, Night Vision, Ambient Air (is there anything else), I think it is a nicer vehicle.

Reactions: Me530

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Think about getting the optional spare tire. Shredding a run-flat (RFT) on a weekend road trip can be catastrophic. With a spare, you can limp home. A spare also allows you to do DIY tire rotations if you have a square set-up.

They offer 21" non-RFT's. On the 40i, the headliner and roof pillar upholstery is white. Alcantera in black is a $1000 option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts