Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been working on possibly buying 2020 X3 that would be an order as nothing on lots are what I want. However production for2020 X3 is finished and 2021 X3 starting production soon. I heard that earlier in the week and confirmed.

I know programs are regional and .9% was a big part of the lure along with other incentives. . Do we think it’ll be continued? I know no one has a crystal ball.

Thanks

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,192 Posts
Whatever you do, buy from someone NOT IN FLORIDA and pick it up at the PCD center. Florida dealers will always be a worse deal.... IMO

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,554 Posts
My crystal ball says the car business is recovering, due to increased demand and tighter supply from all the factories that halted production, especially BMW factories. And it also says BMW has traditionally increased sales support as a model year nears its end. You may find a decent deal on an X3 in inventory, but on an ordered 2021? Maybe not so much. This is compounded by the fact that SUV's / SAV's are selling like hotcakes; you might have better luck with a sedan, coupe or Gran coupe.

Maybe the deals will come back as the second wave of the pandemic arrives, and when all those Hertz rental cars hit the auctions. But I think you may be a day late and a dollar short.

ard's suggestion is a good one: If you do PCD you can order from anyone in the country. Give Jon Shafer a call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you can wait on the X3, I would recommend that - I was trying to work on deals for a '21 3-series about 6/8 weeks ago, and assuming not much has changed since then there weren't "great" deals to be found (this was not exclusive to BMW either). Low inventory, lots of potential buyers = unwillingness on the part of dealers to cut into their profits & limited sales support from the manufacturer.

Especially with the model year changeover and the usually high demand for X3s, now is probably not the best time. Better to wait until more are on the lots then try to find one that way; unless you are really looking for an interesting color combo or options a dealer wouldn't normally order.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Whatever you do, buy from someone NOT IN FLORIDA and pick it up at the PCD center. Florida dealers will always be a worse deal.... IMO
They are offering 10% off MSRP before any incentives on 2021 X3. I agree dealer fees are insane here compared to NJ where I used to live and had a trusted CA I leased 4 cars from. That and dealer competition was great. South Fl dealers are interesting.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My crystal ball says the car business is recovering, due to increased demand and tighter supply from all the factories that halted production, especially BMW factories. And it also says BMW has traditionally increased sales support as a model year nears its end. You may find a decent deal on an X3 in inventory, but on an ordered 2021? Maybe not so much. This is compounded by the fact that SUV's / SAV's are selling like hotcakes; you might have better luck with a sedan, coupe or Gran coupe.

Maybe the deals will come back as the second wave of the pandemic arrives, and when all those Hertz rental cars hit the auctions. But I think you may be a day late and a dollar short.

ard's suggestion is a good one: If you do PCD you can order from anyone in the country. Give Jon Shafer a call.
Appreciate the feedback. Yup,seems like pent up demand and I want an xdrive not an sdrive. Not sure if missed the boat yet, but not in a hurry. Curious as to August Programs. Jon Shaffer an option as also former CA in NJ.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can wait on the X3, I would recommend that - I was trying to work on deals for a '21 3-series about 6/8 weeks ago, and assuming not much has changed since then there weren't "great" deals to be found (this was not exclusive to BMW either). Low inventory, lots of potential buyers = unwillingness on the part of dealers to cut into their profits & limited sales support from the manufacturer.

Especially with the model year changeover and the usually high demand for X3s, now is probably not the best time. Better to wait until more are on the lots then try to find one that way; unless you are really looking for an interesting color combo or options a dealer wouldn't normally order.
Thanks for feedback. I have my particular wants that seem to be hard to find—xDive for one in FL. Good thing it’s a want, not a need.

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
2018 M4 cabrio ZCP / 2018 X5M
1,706 Posts
Is this true? I thought he was still in CA.
CA is refereed to as Client Advisor.

OP may reach out to his former Client Advisor in NJ.

Interesting with ongoing BMW national advertising for the Summer Sales event, as lease MF is very low.

Wait for the extra $600 unemployment check expiration in a few days, with record drop in GDP announced today, agree with Quackberry to buckle up for wave 2.

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts
CA is refereed to as Client Advisor.

OP may reach out to his former Client Advisor in NJ.

Interesting with ongoing BMW national advertising for the Summer Sales event, as lease MF is very low.

Wait for the extra $600 unemployment check expiration in a few days, with record drop in GDP announced today, agree with Quackberry to buckle up for wave 2.
Ahhh!. I inferred moved from CA (as in California) to NJ for some reason!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for feedback. I have my particular wants that seem to be hard to find—xDive for one in FL. Good thing it’s a want, not a need.
Lol thats funny, we have the opposite problem here in the Northeast- can't find anything that isn't X-Drive! I'm sure I'll regret RWD one of these days, but in 3 years it hasn't been a problem and is more fun/less weight!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,155 Posts
Hi, been working on possibly buying 2020 X3 that would be an order as nothing on lots are what I want. However production for2020 X3 is finished and 2021 X3 starting production soon. I heard that earlier in the week and confirmed.

I know programs are regional and .9% was a big part of the lure along with other incentives. . Do we think it’ll be continued? I know no one has a crystal ball.

Thanks
I am your guy!

:angel:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts