BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm disappointed in the colors this year and they have even less choices than 2020. I was hoping they would bring back the Vermilion Red I had years ago but nothing. I love having contrast with my exterior/interior and just can't figure out what to choose. I like the Mineral white but don't want to do a black interior because we live in a hot climate and also have a white dog that sheds like crazy. I could do one of the brown leather's but I don't find that very interesting. Not sure if white with white would look like or white with the white/navy leather combo but there will be black on the dash not navy so it's just adding another color. My husband doesn't like blue cars but I'm considering the photonic blue and could do the nicer white leather interior or the white/navy combination. What do people think of this blue? I need to order the car now and we are in MT with no dealership so I can't go look at this car in person. I'm a woman if that matters with the colors and I currently have the metallic black with white leather interior now and husband has graphic black with brown so don't want another black or graphite car. I'm also looking at doing a vinyl wrap for $3,000 in red but you have to do a hand wash and I love going to the regular car wash. Any advice on wraps welcome too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you look under other models built at South Carolina, you will see many more colors. Dealers can request and Color if your willing to wait and pay. I know someone who got a 5 series in Nardo Gray which is an Audi color

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
Has the OP seen this thread that informs about some special paints now available :

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TurboBusa, how can I prove this to my car broker? His dealership in Denver and BMW USA both said it's last years color and not available. Please advise.

·
Premium Member
2021 X5 45e
213 Posts
I'm disappointed in the colors this year and they have even less choices than 2020. I was hoping they would bring back the Vermilion Red I had years ago but nothing. I love having contrast with my exterior/interior and just can't figure out what to choose. I like the Mineral white but don't want to do a black interior because we live in a hot climate and also have a white dog that sheds like crazy. I could do one of the brown leather's but I don't find that very interesting. Not sure if white with white would look like or white with the white/navy leather combo but there will be black on the dash not navy so it's just adding another color. My husband doesn't like blue cars but I'm considering the photonic blue and could do the nicer white leather interior or the white/navy combination. What do people think of this blue? I need to order the car now and we are in MT with no dealership so I can't go look at this car in person. I'm a woman if that matters with the colors and I currently have the metallic black with white leather interior now and husband has graphic black with brown so don't want another black or graphite car. I'm also looking at doing a vinyl wrap for $3,000 in red but you have to do a hand wash and I love going to the regular car wash. Any advice on wraps welcome too.
Have you decided yet? I'm going to order it in the photonic blue with tan interior. I've seen it in person, and it's beautiful! I also considered the white with coffee or black interior. The coffee color is very nice. I'm not a fan of the cognac. If you get the ventilated seats, the heat won't matter - although that won't fix the problem of a shedding white dog! I live in a very hot climate and have had black interiors a lot. To me, the difference in the interior heat between colors really doesn't make that much of a difference. They're all hot. I believe you can precondition the car, too, setting the ac to start before getting in.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i don't understand why people care exterior color that much, let alone pay extra for it.

·
Registered
2021 X5 M50i;, 2018 540ix Past: 2014 A6 3.0T; Audi Q5; 2001 740iL; 1998 740i; 1994 530i 740i; 530i
1,141 Posts
I ordered carbon black with tartufo interior for my M50i

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
i don't understand why people care exterior color that much, let alone pay extra for it.
If you have to ask that question, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Reactions: 3284me and SunFun

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Some people need to make a statement, some do not. Some expect bling from the vehicles, some want practicality. To each his own...my alpine white X5 was painted today...might get it in the next week or so. I could seen no good reason to pay extra for a flashy color, or a darker one that just makes things hotter. Maybe if I lived in Alaska.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you look under other models built at South Carolina, you will see many more colors. Dealers can request and Color if your willing to wait and pay. I know someone who got a 5 series in Nardo Gray which is an Audi color
Not from Spartanburg, that's only available on vehicles built in Germany - Individual colors are just hitting Spartanburg and they're pre-selected

·
Registered
26 Posts
My previous three vehicles were White with black leather interior. Decided to go out of my comfort zone with the X5. I got Sapphire Black with Coffee interior. No regrets, this is the best color combo I have ever had. I get lots of complements on the Coffee.

·
Registered
2021 X5 45e
217 Posts
We went with mineral white (just like the 228i ragtop we had) with a beige leather interior. Works for us. YMMV though but lighter colors show dirt less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm finding on BMWs I almost always prefer the Alpine White or Mineral White. I like the rich silver that sometimes is an individual selection (Donnington?). I generally prefer black interiors but I really dig the Ivory in BMWs as well. White and Ivory is a lot of light color.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My 530e is Mediterranean Blue with Mocha Nappa interior and I like that a lot. With the X5, exterior choices are pretty limited. There's 6 blacks, 2 whites, one blue and green puke. I was thinking of either the blue or Mineral White with the Coffee or Tartufo marino interior. I want to see the Phytonic Blue in person - i guess for that matter, i would like to see Tartufo in person too. I love my 5 series in Med Blue but i'm not sure the blue looks as good on a big SUV.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts