BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X5 M50i;, 2018 540ix Past: 2014 A6 3.0T; Audi Q5; 2001 740iL; 1998 740i; 1994 530i 740i; 530i
1,141 Posts
Check out the carbon black with tartufo merino interior. Looks very sharp!

My 2018 540 is Imperial blue w/cognac which I also like but it's starting to wear on me.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My current X5 is Mineral White with Coffee interior. I'm finalizing my new order in Phytonic blue with probably a black interior. Still thinking on that. I don't like the cognac and I'm not willing to pony up for the merino this time.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just sent an email to change the interior to Coffee. I hope we are not too late.

·
Registered
2021 X5 xDrive 45e
106 Posts
The best color combo is the one you like. I’ve been a fan of white, IMO most suvs look good in white. However 3 of my last 4 vehicles have been white. Walking back to my car in the parking lot looking for the white suv, it seems every third car in the lot was a white suv. Time to change! Saw the Manhattan Green in the dealers lot, can’t saw I loved it but it was pleasing and different, very bronze like. Brown interiors are becoming more popular I opted for the Tutarfo interior a shade lighter than Coffee.

Good luck on your interior color change Judy.

Reactions: Judy G

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The best color combo is the one you like. I've been a fan of white, IMO most suvs look good in white. However 3 of my last 4 vehicles have been white. Walking back to my car in the parking lot looking for the white suv, it seems every third car in the lot was a white suv. Time to change! Saw the Manhattan Green in the dealers lot, can't saw I loved it but it was pleasing and different, very bronze like. Brown interiors are becoming more popular I opted for the Tutarfo interior a shade lighter than Coffee.

Good luck on your interior color change Judy.
The interior color change is confirmed, but now we are trying to decide if we want to change the trim. I currently have the anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood, but I'm not sure if that's the one. At least we have time to figure it out. Going to another BMW dealer to look at cars this afternoon to see what we think.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I had a E70 with Deep Sea Blue, and I think that was the best blue to date. I don't hate the pythonic blue, but just something about it that doesn't go with x-line. It looks beautiful on mSport, no doubt. It however doesn't have the depth and presence like Deep Sea Blue. I think the current blue tones make X5 look much smaller, and kinda clash with unpainted plastic trim.

On F15 I had Jet Black with Ivory White and it simply looked amazing. I didn't care what outside looked, and I wanted a simple color, and Jet Black turned out to be the perfect black I always saw in other cars but could never figure out why my metallic black cars never looked "black" like that. What was it, when I saw the jet black on the lot, I fell in love.
So Black with White interior makes a very sporty combination, my trim was wood but it didn't make much difference.

On my G05 order I stayed with Jet black, but went with black interior, black headlines, and aluminum dark mesh because I didn't want any wood or brown tones. I wish they had piano black trim, but they don't. Coming from Q7, I loved how uniform Q7's interior looked, things just complimented each other perfectly. BMW always had busier trim design.

I also consider paying more for comfort or convenience than picking shiny colors. I get it some people want their car to stand out or turn heads, nothing wrong with that but I think in the end you go with what's more important to you within your budget. However, I think that current stock 19" wheels are kind of simple, too simple. Going to 20" gives a much better look overall, no matter what color.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Final interior is: Tartufo extended merino leather with the brown metallic ash trim. The order has been updated so now we just need to wait, and wait, LOL.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Reactions: GrussGott

·
Registered
2021 X5 xDrive 45e
106 Posts
Final interior is: Tartufo extended merino leather with the brown metallic ash trim. The order has been updated so now we just need to wait, and wait, LOL.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
Good choice! I couldn't have picked a better color myself. LOL
I stayed with the Feline Stripe brown.

Reactions: Judy G

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Good choice! I couldn't have picked a better color myself. LOL
I stayed with the Feline Stripe brown.
The Fineline stripe is pretty, but it's just a bit too glossy for me. The car should look great with the Phytonic Blue exterior and the Tartufo interior. I saw them together on the my BMW order page and they look really nice together.

Reactions: GrussGott

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My 530e is Mediterranean Blue with Mocha Nappa interior and I like that a lot. With the X5, exterior choices are pretty limited. There's 6 blacks, 2 whites, one blue and green puke. I was thinking of either the blue or Mineral White with the Coffee or Tartufo marino interior. I want to see the Phytonic Blue in person - i guess for that matter, i would like to see Tartufo in person too. I love my 5 series in Med Blue but i'm not sure the blue looks as good on a big SUV.
I just ordered an X5 in the Phytonic Blue with the tartufo interior. The X5 is beautiful in Phytonic Blue! I have not seen the tartufo in person but have seen a lot of pictures online. It's been described to me as similar as cognac without the orange tone. I have coffee Dakota on my current Mineral White X5 and didn't want to go to a black interior.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just ordered an X5 in the Phytonic Blue with the tartufo interior. The X5 is beautiful in Phytonic Blue! I have not seen the tartufo in person but have seen a lot of pictures online. It's been described to me as similar as cognac without the orange tone. I have coffee Dakota on my current Mineral White X5 and didn't want to go to a black interior.
I think i might end up with the same car you are ordering. I have to wait until January to place my order. The pictures other have posted of Phytonic Blue look really nice. Please post pictures once you get it. Did you get the X-Line or M-Sport? Which wheels?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
We are getting the M-Sport with the standard 20" wheels that come with it. It probably will not be here until sometime after Thanksgiving. Production is slated for week 45. We are getting the Brown Metallic Ash grain wood trim with it. This is only the second BMW that we have custom ordered so we are pretty excited. My current X5's lease is up in a month so we will be down to 1 car for a while, but with working and spending most of our time at home we'll manage.

I will post pictures, but it's going to be a while. Very excited to have a car that is not gray or some form of white. I do think the X5 looks great in white though.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
I think i might end up with the same car you are ordering. I have to wait until January to place my order. The pictures other have posted of Phytonic Blue look really nice. Please post pictures once you get it. Did you get the X-Line or M-Sport? Which wheels?
Just make sure you go and see the colors in person - photos can be deceiving. I saw Phytonic blue in pictures and had it in the running for our 45e. After seeing it in person on a dealer's lot on a G05, both my wife and I crossed it off the list. It didn't help that it was sitting next to a Tanzanite Blue G05, which in contrast looked much richer and more sophisticated. (The Tanzanite was high on the list until we discovered it was dropped for 2021.)

I am not posting this comment to offend anyone who has purchased an X5 in Phytonic Blue. Everyone has their own personal preferences and tastes. What I am suggesting is that NO ONE should order a color based on pictures seen online. The lack of dynamic range in a picture versus the human eye is a major factor, along with seeing colors at scale - on a 6.5 foot tall and 16 foot long vehicle versus a 15" laptop screen. Nothing replaces seeing a paint color, or leather color, or trim design in person. Period.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Does ordering Tartufo make the order take longer to arrive? The online ordering guide suggests that slows down the order.

·
Registered
2021 X5 M50i;, 2018 540ix Past: 2014 A6 3.0T; Audi Q5; 2001 740iL; 1998 740i; 1994 530i 740i; 530i
1,141 Posts
It did not with my vehicle although they do put a disclaimer in the online ordering guide that it could extend delivery times. Great color choice. I have cognac dakota in my 2018 540, always liked it. IMO the tartufo however is best described as baseball glove color. When my wife saw it she was ecstatic with the look and softness plus the quilting details.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Does ordering Tartufo make the order take longer to arrive? The online ordering guide suggests that slows down the order.
Not according to what I have been told. I did see that disclaimer and asked my SA. He said he has not seen it, but will know for sure once we go into production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Judy! I am about to order my X5 and my favorite combination is Phytonic Blue with the Tartufo too!
Would you mind posting few pics and sharing your experience?
I assume you already got your car and were enjoying it for about 2 months now. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Have you decided yet? I'm going to order it in the photonic blue with tan interior. I've seen it in person, and it's beautiful! I also considered the white with coffee or black interior. The coffee color is very nice. I'm not a fan of the cognac. If you get the ventilated seats, the heat won't matter - although that won't fix the problem of a shedding white dog! I live in a very hot climate and have had black interiors a lot. To me, the difference in the interior heat between colors really doesn't make that much of a difference. They're all hot. I believe you can precondition the car, too, setting the ac to start before getting in.
Yes, I got the car in late December and I did the Phytonic Blue with the white Merino leather and I love the car, love the combination of the light interior with the darker exterior but I'm sorry to say I don't look at the car and say that is a beautiful exterior color like I did when I had my Vermiliion Red with tan interior years ago. It was a showstopper. It's trying to be blue and just not THAT pretty of a blue to me but I love the contrast and always like light interiors and my friends think it looks nice... I do love the ventilated seats, really like the heated steering wheel for cold days/nights. I feel the 2021 has had a lot of improvements since my 2016 so I'm really happy. I think the color is very pretty at night but I'm not in love and will just get over it. The door jam would stay blue so I don't think I'll bother to pay over $3,000 to have it wrapped it's a hassle at this point and I leased this one. If you have seen the Phytonic and love it the tan will be a great choice in my opinion, very classic BMW but I'm sure you know the tan doesn't come in real leather only synthetic. I've had the regular Dakota and Vernasca mid grade leather and now the more expensive Merino and I don't see a HUGE difference in quality to be honest so not sure if I'd pay the big uncharge for that leather over the mid grade but I liked the design details in the leather and wanted to try something different. I LOVE the active cruise control and having Apple CarPlay is nice too. Enjoy your new car, if you like the Phytonic I'm sure it will be a beautiful combo. I've never EVER done black interior on any car and it's not just the shedding dog I don't think I like dark interiors, it's truly what you see when you are driving. With my white cars I've only done gray or tan and I did see the white with the coffee only once and I was surprised I didn't love it and thought it looked boring which made me happier I picked the blue.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey Judy! I am about to order my X5 and my favorite combination is Phytonic Blue with the Tartufo too!
Would you mind posting few pics and sharing your experience?
I assume you already got your car and were enjoying it for about 2 months now. :)

Here you go. These are from when we picked it up from Jon in Santa Maria and brought it home. the Tartufo is hard to photograph. It looks different depending on the lighting, but I really like it. After so many years of black interior it's nice to have a different color.
Have not really taken more images of it since. It's full of dog crates and agility stuff these days. Really love the car.

home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Piece of cake!!! Thank you so much!

I know! I was trying to capture the color of Tartufo on my phone, but it is totally different based on the camera angle. :)
Did you notice any real difference using Laser lights? I'm thinking to skip Executive package and stick with Premium, especially since I really don't like the glass controls.
Also I wonder how easy is to keep the car clean, say compared to Carbon Black or Black Sapphire?

Here you go. These are from when we picked it up from Jon in Santa Maria and brought it home. the Tartufo is hard to photograph. It looks different depending on the lighting, but I really like it. After so many years of black interior it's nice to have a different color.
Have not really taken more images of it since. It's full of dog crates and agility stuff these days. Really love the car.

home. View attachment 1022328 View attachment 1022329 View attachment 1022330

21 - 40 of 52 Posts