BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered an x5 45e in Sept 2021. Received it Nov 23. It had all of the options on it except the touch screen and wireless phone charger and audio upgrade. One of the last to get a tow hitch.
BUT I had it for 5 days and an engine light came on and notice of reduced engine output. Took it to dealer and it is still there 33 days later. They said the safety module is bad and they have no idea when the part will come from Germany. In this technical age, I find it hard to believe they can't have parts available or give a date when they will be. The GM assured me BMW would come through by day 30 and have it fixed. No such luck. This is my first and last BMW. Contemplati g requesting a refund on Monday. They are not going to want to write me a check for $89000. But with everything they are removing from builds because of chip shortages, and a now 6-9 month wait time for a replacement X5, what's the point? It's not even the vehicle it was promised to be.
Anyone else have something like this happen? I'm beyond disappointed. Do I wait or do I get my money back?
I received my bmw x5 45e at the end of September. The engine light went on almost automatically but then went off and I didn’t think anything of it. Engine light went back on solidly and a weird noise started with when fan were on with heating system. My car sat at the dealer for over 6 weeks. Waiting for parts from Germany for high voltage battery and compressor. 3 pages of itemized replacement parts covered under warranty. Received my car back on 2/10/22 and the check engine light went back on my display 2/12/22. I don’t feel safe driving this car and will be contacting an attorney. I have had to cancel a ski vacation that was only accessible with a 4 wheel drive vehicle and won’t take the car long distances. Will be contacting the dealer and an attorney tomorrow. Third person with the X5 in my area with this problem. This was an issue with the 2020 cars and still is a major problem. ROYALLY regretting this decision. Had a Defender I walked away from to buy this and have regretted it every day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts