BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can order a car anyway you like. The allocation is for a build slot for that model. Since you are ordering look into performance center delivery. The vehicle can be ordered from any dealer in the USA and delivered at Spartanburg. Tons of threads on this as well as ordering tips, etc. search is your friend
Good luck and good hunting. The trick will be finding a dealer with a build slot that will take your order. There are a couple of board sponsors and the board founder who might be able to help. Look for Jon Shafer and Adrian in Atlanta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can order a car anyway you like. The allocation is for a build slot for that model. Since you are ordering look into performance center delivery. The vehicle can be ordered from any dealer in the USA and delivered at Spartanburg. Tons of threads on this as well as ordering tips, etc. search is your friend
Good luck and good hunting. The trick will be finding a dealer with a build slot that will take your order. There are a couple of board sponsors and the board founder who might be able to help. Look for Jon Shafer and Adrian in Atlanta
Thank you very much for this!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
According to my sales manager for some, perhaps all, models the allocation is specific for an xDrive or not. For example, in Colorado only xDrive allocations are available for the M340i. If one wants a RWD then the dealer has to find a dealer in another area to try and trade for an allocation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to my sales manager for some, perhaps all, models the allocation is specific for an xDrive or not. For example, in Colorado only xDrive allocations are available for the M340i. If one wants a RWD then the dealer has to find a dealer in another area to try and trade for an allocation.
That's what I'm afraid of - thank you for the info!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Wow! That good to know. Another advantage to pickup at Spartenburg is that their preparation is first class. You don't have to worry about the dealer putting micro scratches in the paint. And you get to drive a BMW on the track.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Wow! That good to know. Another advantage to pickup at Spartenburg is that their preparation is first class. You don't have to worry about the dealer putting micro scratches in the paint. And you get to drive a BMW on the track.
Just keep in mind that with the current market many dealers are only selling to local customers or adding a markup for non-locals. I would think though given the way the economy is heading that should change in the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jon Shafer was able to switch his 540i allocation to a 540ix without a problem. When asked, he responded "Absolutely, I can “flex” a 540i > 540xi."

Reactions: firstimebimmer

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Jon Shafer was able to switch his 540i allocation to a 540ix without a problem. When asked, he responded "Absolutely, I can “flex” a 540i > 540xi."
We would have to get the details from Jon regarding that. He gets allocations for both so could have switched allocations.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We would have to get the details from Jon regarding that. He gets allocations for both so could have switched allocations.
Here is Jon's post from October last year
Here are the models that have available for custom order right now (and Bimmerfest pricing).
Includes Performance Center Delivery ("PCD").
Bold implies most aggressive pricing.

• M240xi Cp
    • 228i GC
    • 330e Sd
    • 430i Cp
    • 430i GC
    • 430i Cv
    • 540i Sd
    • 530e Sd
    • 750xi Sd
    • 840i Cp
    • M850xi Cp
    • X3 xDr30i
    • X5 xDr40i (sorry no hybrids)
    • Z4 M40i Rd
And his response to my inquiry about switching the 540i to a 540ix
Absolutely, I can “flex” a 540i > 540xi
and the result
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: firstimebimmer

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Here is Jon's post from October last year
Here are the models that have available for custom order right now (and Bimmerfest pricing).
Includes Performance Center Delivery ("PCD").
Bold implies most aggressive pricing.

• M240xi Cp
    • 228i GC
    • 330e Sd
    • 430i Cp
    • 430i GC
    • 430i Cv
    • 540i Sd
    • 530e Sd
    • 750xi Sd
    • 840i Cp
    • M850xi Cp
    • X3 xDr30i
    • X5 xDr40i (sorry no hybrids)
    • Z4 M40i Rd
And his response to my inquiry about switching the 540i to a 540ix
Absolutely, I can “flex” a 540i > 540xi
and the result
Okay, then we will need some more information for other CAs and sales managers since right now we have one that says it can't be done and likely one that says it can. lol We should also consider you were going to an xDrive not away from one like we have been discussing.

The general idea doesn't really matter anyways, it is the specific situation, such as yours, where it needs to be handled. ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hi All:

I live in the snow belt, but I want the 2023 M240i without xDrive. My question is, how likely are dealers in the Boston area to get such allocations?

Thank you very much!
Curious to hear what the OP ended up doing. I know this thread is a few weeks old (wish I had seen it sooner) but I am in the Boston area as well and I ordered my last 3 BMW's w/ RWD. No issues at all doing so.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,220 Posts
Similar. I ordered my 2014 F10 535i and my son's 2018 340i 6MT MPPK as RWD to get the 704 MSport suspension, which was not available with F chassis xDrives. My dealer did require a deposit on the 535 though. He was understandably worried he might have difficulty finding a Masshole buyer for a non-xDrive 5 Series. Of course, this was back when we had a competent mayor and semi-reliable public transportation, so things may be different now. Now that the alternative is jumping out of a flaming Orange Line car into the river, I bet dealers can sell just about anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts