BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,041 Posts
That is the process and again that’s E series. F is even harder. There is no other way to officially change it to be accepted by the car, BMW and 3rd parties.
While some people have done it, it is rare and difficult and highly illegal.

·
Registered
F30 LCI 330i
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
That is the process and again that’s E series. F is even harder. There is no other way to officially change it to be accepted by the car, BMW and 3rd parties.
While some people have done it, it is rare and difficult and highly illegal.
During hours of research last night, I stumbled upon a device sold on eBay that supposedly acts as a mileage blocker and is connected to the kombi/cluster of the car. That would make a lot more sense than actually reverting/decreasing the mileage, and I guess I’ll find out tomorrow if the previous owner had actually used something like that or not. The mileage fuel delivery module saying 130k is really worrying for me.

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,802 Posts
It just occurred to me that "Mileage: implausible" could be saying that your MPG is implausible (such as - "What kind of mileage do you get?", not the miles your car has on it. No idea if this is the case or not, but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
'06 e91 325xi
18 Posts
Just for the record I've put ARD on ignore, I'm fully sick and tired of his sh*t and harassment in multiple threads.
You can debate and talk about things without getting personal,
I have NO IDEA what his butthurt is but I don't wanna deal with it.

ALSO for the record, I'm not some f***ing yahoo, whoes fallen out of a tree, I've got over 30 years wrenching, on FORD, BMW, PORSCHE, GM's
I've owned 2 BMW's over 7 or 8 years and been a member on here since 2015.
I've done pretty much a lot of things on my E88 and now F23, I own use proper diagnostic tools and what I don't know I ask from various people in the know.
I'm a youtuber and have a BMW part of my channel.

I don't come on here for my health God knows having a 25% EF after a major F*ing STEMI (also known as a widowmaker)in January.

I get things wrong I get things right, I post information up, you take it or leave it.

I make allowances we all have bad days, but I'm too old in the tooth to take shit from any one and I wont.
A valium and a fine scotch should take your edge off.

Time to relax a bit.

·
Registered
F30 LCI 330i
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So what was the final outcome?
I got caught up in some things and I couldn't pay a visit to the dealership. I called a contact I know inside, gave him the vin number and he said he'd check but didn't really reply back yet. I have got a couple of issues to deal with then I will just go visit them myself and see what's up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got caught up in some things and I couldn't pay a visit to the dealership. I called a contact I know inside, gave him the vin number and he said he'd check but didn't really reply back yet. I have got a couple of issues to deal with then I will just go visit them myself and see what's up.
Ok, thanks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts