BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings peeps,

So It's about time for me to change my Pirrelli Nero's out. They have been a solid tire overall: Wet, Dry, Quiet, wear was decent but not complimentary. But my biggest qualm is that although I am VERY familiar with "low-profile tires" (I've been running 19's and up for over 10 yrs!) I still say these tires are super duper low profile. Especially the backs at 25. They are like the width of my index finger! :yikes: And of course these means disaster waiting to happen on less than perfect roads. :cry:
Now then... I'd like to hear from those of you who have "personally" ran "multiple sets of 22's on your 7". Not just a set. Because I have also ran a set of Dunlop but they were way too noisy to even keep.
So what I'm looking for: Possibly a 30-series out back to give a tad more cushion but will still fit and Good-Better wear, 295-width rear and 265-front. I am open to trying new brands as long as YOU have tried and actually commend them.

Thanks, Marcus

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I had the PZero Nero 295/25/22 on the rear tires until recently. Had a blow out and changed both rears to 295/30/22 Pirelli Scorpian Zerp

Noise seems about the same but the extra thickness made a noticeable difference in ride quality, it practically doubled the amount of rubber back there so the car feels smoother and less jittery at the rear. The fronts are still thin 265/30/22, I will most likely move to 35 series later.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting! Do they come in my sizes for rear and how is pricing?

Thanks

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! And plenty of sizes to choose from.

Although I've been a little hesitant to put "SUV" tires on my ride due to possible rubbing or lack of handling....?

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
I have had only 1 set of 22's on my car, but I can hopefully give you some decent feedback. I did a 7 with the 22" Falken FK452, and it felt good. The road noise was a little quieter compared to my Pirelli's. I have sold many sets of Falkens and have never gotten any bad feedback on them.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Looks good! And plenty of sizes to choose from.

Although I've been a little hesitant to put "SUV" tires on my ride due to possible rubbing or lack of handling....?
yea strangely at this size they are considered "truck/suv" tires but they work fine for me.. they will rub unless you roll or cut your fenders though, but they fill out the wheel well very nicely without even lowering....

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
I had the PZero Nero 265/25/22 on the rear tires until recently. Had a blow out and changed both rears to 265/30/22 Pirelli Scorpian Zerp

Noise seems about the same but the extra thickness made a noticeable difference in ride quality, it practically doubled the amount of rubber back there so the car feels smoother and less jittery at the rear. The fronts are still thin 265/30/22, I will most likely move to 35 series later.
Your running a 265-30-22 on a 11" wide rear wheel? Isnt that tire stretched quit a bit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a set of continental sport contact 2's 265/30/22 and 295/25/22. I love them! ride is good, and very quiet and here lately i have noticed they do well in the rain. Car is not a sport package car but i do have eibach springs and i did not notice any rubbing or anything. I ran michellin pilot sport 2's on a e60 5 series a few years ago in a 20" staggered and they were also excellent tires. Just a 220 treadwear whereas the continentals sport a 280. I am also putting a set on a 750li for a friend of mine monday using the gen uhp exclaim tires with a 380 treadwear. I will let you know what i think of them. same setup eibach springs and staggered 22"s

·
Registered
129 Posts
Im running Continental tires 265 30 22 front on 10 inch wheels and 295 25 22 rear on 11.5 inch wheels and i can't say enough about the tires, they are so durable and smooth, better then pirellis and michelins in ride quality as well as durability. On my next set I will be going 35z in the front and 30z in the rear though for an even smoother ride.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good guys.

I forgt the Conti's. I ran a set of 19's on my Z and they were awesome.

·
***** Prowler
274 Posts
I had the PZero Nero 295/25/22 on the rear tires until recently. Had a blow out and changed both rears to 295/30/22 Pirelli Scorpian Zerp

hey mani, your car in the pic, is that on the 265/30, 295/30, and not lowered / sport package?

also, doesnt using a 30 instead of 25profile screw up the speedometer? did u adjust it somehow?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
hey mani, your car in the pic, is that on the 265/30, 295/30, and not lowered / sport package?

also, doesnt using a 30 instead of 25profile screw up the speedometer? did u adjust it somehow?
My car isnt lowered and it doesnt have the sport package. The tires in my sig are 265/30 and 295/25... I just changed the back to 295/30

Here's how it looks now with the thicker tires. Not sure about the speedo but I dont think it skews it that much...

sorry for the crappy pics, ill try and take some new ones tomorrow

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mani, thats a lot more rubber

And another :thumbsup: for the continentals, got them in 265/30 and 295/25 and they sound feel good, I also got them on the Q7 in a 20 and I am very satisfied

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've had toyo's and replaced them with lexani tires (i know.. wtf) but theyre nice and look cool too.. they were 800 for all 4.

·
***** Prowler
274 Posts
nice mani! yea more pix of yr ride! so u meant 295/30 i presumed, and not 295/35?

ur on 9.5/11s? they dun look like OEM wheels.. i like the way your car looks without needing to lower/sport package..

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Looks good, Mani!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mani, thats a lot more rubber
yea but it looks good haha, the wheel looks beefier, especially with the lip in the back

I've had toyo's and replaced them with lexani tires (i know.. wtf) but theyre nice and look cool too.. they were 800 for all 4.
Lexani makes tires too? hmm might look into those next.

nice mani! yea more pix of yr ride! so u meant 295/30 i presumed, and not 295/35?

ur on 9.5/11s? they dun look like OEM wheels.. i like the way your car looks without needing to lower/sport package..
yep, sorry i meant its 295/30 now and yea the wheels are 9.5 front and 11 in the rear. The thicker tires in the rear pretty much took out any reason to lower it, it sits pretty nicely there now. I'll see if the same thing happens when I switch out the front tires, if not then I might just change the front springs.

Looks good, Mani!:thumbup:
thanks bro!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts