BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its staring to heat up again and I'm thinking about putting my 22s back on. I need new tires. last year I ran 235-30-22, 295-25-22. should I buy the same tire size or should I change? Any ideas?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
U should try running either 255/30 or 265/30 on the front bro! Pretty sure it will feel way better too. Your the first I heard of running 235s in the front:yikes:

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Well its staring to heat up again and I'm thinking about putting my 22s back on. I need new tires. last year I ran 235-30-22, 295-25-22. should I buy the same tire size or should I change? Any ideas?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
Damn, you had a 235/30/22 on it? If your not slammed, I would go 265/30/22 on the front.

·
205 Posts
About to order myself some pirelli 295/25/R22 for the rear, the rear suspension appears to already have enough negative camber to allow them fitment of them but was want to get some others opinion that are running that tyre on the rear whether they had to roll their gaurds ect..to fit them.

Oh and by the way my rims are only 9.5" wide also only and currently I have pirelli 265/30/R22 fitted to them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run 295/25/22 on rear and it's great!

I run 265/30/22 on the front and any full turns (like a u-turn) I get tire rubbing

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
About to order myself some pirelli 295/25/R22 for the rear, the rear suspension appears to already have enough negative camber to allow them fitment of them but was want to get some others opinion that are running that tyre on the rear whether they had to roll their gaurds ect..to fit them.

Oh and by the way my rims are only 9.5" wide also only and currently I have pirelli 265/30/R22 fitted to them.

A 295/25/22 is going to be a tad too wide for a 22x9.5. If you want it to look a little better, just put some hubcenteric spacers on the rear.

I run 295/25/22 on rear and it's great!

I run 265/30/22 on the front and any full turns (like a u-turn) I get tire rubbing
I am dumped with 265/30/22 on the front and bust full u turns with no rub.

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,153 Posts
A 295/25/22 is going to be a tad too wide for a 22x9.5. If you want it to look a little better, just put some hubcenteric spacers on the rear.

I am dumped with 265/30/22 on the front and bust full u turns with no rub.
I never did prior to drop. I am concerned about after my drop....

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,153 Posts
Nope. I decided I was gonna dump it first and then install...

Considering my Vossens were made specifically for this application, and I have seen said wheels on a e65 dropped per their website. I would hope there isn't an issue.

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Nope. I decided I was gonna dump it first and then install...

Considering my Vossens were made specifically for this application, and I have seen said wheels on a e65 dropped per their website. I would hope there isn't an issue.
If it does rub, just heat up the fender liner and give it a little more room. How are you going to drop it?

·
205 Posts
Not really interested in the width for looks, I have been told Pirelli are going to stop making the 265/30/22 in the Pzero Nero range and there are only a hand full left for sale in Australia so I am going to go to the 295/25/22 on the rear so that's all. The rear tyres are worn on the rims currently fitted.

So those with the 295's fitted were any modifications required to fit such as rolling the gaurds ect...:dunno:

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Not really interested in the width for looks, I have been told Pirelli are going to stop making the 265/30/22 in the Pzero Nero range and there are only a hand full left for sale in Australia so I am going to go to the 295/25/22 on the rear so that's all. The rear tyres are worn on the rims currently fitted.

So those with the 295's fitted were any modifications required to fit such as rolling the gaurds ect...:dunno:
It really depends on how your current wheels are sitting.

You need do nothing but put the tires on and roll:bigpimp:

How do you heat up the fender inserts?? Blow Dryer???
Heat gun and patience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts