BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out after my car parked all day and noticed I had no air in one tire. Gas station is directly across the building so I went to put some air. It doesn't fill at all, not even a little. I tested the air machine on another tire to make sure it works and did did. But it wasn't filling my tire at all, hands froze trying twice with $2 lol.

Do you guys use your regular spare? Tow it? I'm literally thinking about takIng my wheels and tires and throwing them in the garbage. I can't put my own oem wheels back on cuz they're in storage and storage is closed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just use your spare for now and have that flat tire checked out at tire shop.

·
It's all about me!
1,519 Posts
MJ....you are having a rough weekend! Use the spare, stop by a store and buy some beer and go home and enjoy a cold one. You will look back on all of this and laugh someday!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I came out after my car parked all day and noticed I had no air in one tire. Gas station is directly across the building so I went to put some air. It doesn't fill at all, not even a little. I tested the air machine on another tire to make sure it works and did did. But it wasn't filling my tire at all, hands froze trying twice with $2 lol.

Do you guys use your regular spare? Tow it? I'm literally thinking about takIng my wheels and tires and throwing them in the garbage. I can't put my own oem wheels back on cuz they're in storage and storage is closed.
Sh*t man. These are the rims from he'll. Where is the air coming out from. While you're pumping it you should run your hand along the edge of the rim where it meets the tire to see if you can feel air coming out...both on the outer and inner edge if you can. I am guessing that you have visually inspected the tire for nails etc. For it not to pump up at all the air should be escaping from a location pretty aggressively so you should be able to spot it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
U should be ok. Just drive slow and get home. Sucks u are going thru soo much headaches.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like tire went completely flat and the seal rim/tire broke u can jack up the car(less weight on tire) and fill it usually works..
ps ive ran diff size tires when i got a flat and drove fine.. not so on my Mercedes S500 esp light keptd going crazy and wouldnt let me go past 50mph

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a flat 128 the other day, called caa and they came and were able to pump it up with very high pressure because the weight of the car was on it, the tire may just need to be resealed, that was the issue with mine, had slow leak out the bead, any tire shop should do it for like 30$

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Bro send those wheels back.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The same guy you bought those 22's from is now trying to sell a set of 20's. Send them back and get your cash, seems like dude sells garbage!

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
A regular sized spare should be just fine..the diameter of the wheel is all the same just ur getting more rim then tire which is why it appears so much bigger...U have to run the right size tire tho in order for this to be true.

Like others has stated those rims are a disaster and if the person who sold them to you is honorable and stands behind his business sales then he will either work this out or give u a full refund.

·
David
3,550 Posts
Like others has stated those rims are a disaster and if the person who sold them to you is honorable and stands behind his business sales then he will either work this out or give u a full refund.
Agreed. Plus MJ is asking far less of the seller than what it would take to make things 100% right IMO. Man up...my reputation here amongst my peers and fellow 7 enthusiast is worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If cars weight is removed from wheel you can get it to pump back up.

·
President
8,099 Posts
check for air leaks

if the tire doesnt hold air then it should be escaping pretty violently thru a bend in the wheel or a nail in the tire

·
Banned
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was due to a bend. The rear tires have also lost air since Friday from 40 to 30 and they're not even on my car being used.

They're in the shop for repair. The other place that said they'll do it for $300 didn't workout, owner came out and say "no way, $200 each minimum".

I said fvck it just do it. Tired of driving across town from spot to spot collecting quotes, 90% of people won't even repair this size wheel. It's costing me $800 for all for to repair.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Man sorry to hear that... Atleast they'll be safe when done.... Hang in there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have you inquired about sending them back to Forgiato and having the inner barrels replaced?

I know that I can send my wheels back to Asanti and get that done if I needed that.

It will cost a bit but at least your inner barrels will be new and your wheels will be sealed properly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts