BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I am looking at getting the 2015 228I Xdrive with sportline & track handling as my only options. One question.... I noticed in a regular 228I there is no Engine temp gauge :dunno: Does anyone know if the Tech Package with "Instrument cluster with Extended content" gives you any more crucial info about your vehicle or is it just for GPS, and other media related junk?

Rant:It kills me how BMW is selling a nice little sports car with 0 info for us true car enthusiast:thumbdwn: I for one keep a close eye on gauges while running hard on track or road. Anyone think they will come out with an aftermarket "tune" for lack of better words that could display said crucial info on the awesome display screen they already provide in the car? :End Rant

·
Registered four banger
113 Posts
Right there with ya

Pretty cool integration but I'm not sure I want to give up that vent. When it's 106 here in SoCal, we need all the vents we can get.
chaswyck, dude: I'm in Dallas. When we hit 106 it's without a breeze and with humidity. So: I feel ya ...

The beauty of that gauge is you don't give up the vent; it only takes up half of it, and the vanes left in the housing still move and function. If anything, that vent will blow more intensely because the opening is smaller.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it easy to pop the OBD2 connector off for when you take the car into the dealer? I'd imagine they'd want access to the port.

·
Registered four banger
113 Posts
Is it easy to pop the OBD2 connector off for when you take the car into the dealer? I'd imagine they'd want access to the port.
Yep; just unplug it, then re-plug it in after service (or coding ... hehe :eeps:). Once it's installed, that's all that needs to be done. All settings are retained. Bonus (among several): it'll read (and clear) general-fault ECU codes.

Note that there are versions for most modern BMWs on P3Cars' website ... some of which Turner Motorsport has had a special version of made with 0-60/100 and 60/100-0 timers (and for the same price):

Turner Motorsport P3 VIDI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts