BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 1990 titled (really 1989 car) 325 convert. I have not had a car in some time and haven't had a BMW car since 1968 or 69 when I sold my 1967 1600/2.

I do ride old BMW bikes (1968 - 1981) and my wife is good to take me to work on bad weather days. If not, I stay home or something like that...

The car needs everything in the front end and rear shocks and some cosmetic touches. Bought 4 tires the first day, did the first front wheel bearing today, made a huge difference. I can actually go over 60mph now. Next weekend I plan to do control arms and shocks, parts are on the way. I got to buy new tools! Timing belt is next, but I may let someone else do that.

I see that there is tons of good info on the internet to make owning these fine old cars easier, just like for the old bikes.

I got infected by this 4 wheel thing at Scott Sturdy's fine Vintage at the Vineyard gathering where I participated on my bike for two years. I found the 325 folks laid back and easy going, so started looking for the right car. It took over a year, but I cleaned some bikes out of one of the garage bays and got the E30 in for the night. Feels good.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Welcome!

Post on the E30 forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts