Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 320i Coupe M Sport with 255/30R19 profile wheels (with runflat tyres). I bought it about a year ago and have had terrible problems with my wheels since, with the rear passenger side cracking twice. First time was last September, and upon discovering it my garage told me it had already been welded once by previous owner. Then it went again this week (new crack but an inch from previous repair). It's costing me about 120 quid to get it welded again, plus I've had to replace a couple of tyres at the start from driving on them roo much with no pressure which cost me €250 a piece.

Basically any advice on what people would do in my situation would be welcomed. I've been told by a couple of people that you just can't really have low-profile wheels with runflat tyres (I have no room to carry a spare) like these in Ireland, as the roads are just too bad and I'll just be getting them repaired constantly. I'm getting to the point where I might bite the bullet and spend a few grand replacing all the wheels with something more durable which might handle the regular potholes you encounter over here a bit better. I really like the car and don't particularly want to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts