BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

I was about to pull the trigger on the order for a new 328i sedan... nothing fancy, just the basics, but then I saw your forum... Thank GOD!

This is the deal I have:

328i Sedan

USA Price 33160
EUR Price 30830 (-7%)

Metallic Paint 550
Value Pckg 0
Steptronic 1375
Folding Seats 475
Handling 875

Total EUR 34105

I have been to 4 different dealerships and some said they can go lower than 7%, but some just bluntly say no way.

From what I've read the dealership is paying the factory around 28 and thus I could bargain with them some more, letting them of course take some profit between 500 to 1000. Fair enough, it seems to me... being that the car is one of those that pretty much brings pure profit to the dealership because is not in their lot. Right?

Yesterday I called the nicest sales person of them all and told him that the other dealership agreed to go lower than the regular 7% (which is true) and he agreed to match or better the deal but he wanted to see the other guys numbers. The only problem is that what I have written down is on the back of a business card scribbled in confusing handwriting.

I would really appreciate it if you could correct me in any of my numbers, specially on the supposed 28K Invoice price. What is the "fair" price for this car?

I took delivery for a BMW 10 years ago and paid in full... Totally got screwed over in every aspect, and there was nowhere to get such useful information to make a better purchase. So this time around I'm trying to save as much as I can to pay for the $5/gal gasoline!

I've been searching for this elusive PDF with the Conf Invoice Prices but I understand they were removed. If you still have it please forward it to John (DOT) Doe (DOT) Smith AT Gmail (DOT) Com

...this will definitely give me the edge to get a better deal.

Also, is the 335i worth it instead of a 328i, being that it comes with all this extra stuff standard like the moon roof, better wheels, auto seats, and not to mention the 300hp,...etc for 7 grand more?

If I can get that PDF and do what many of you seem to have accomplished and pay 500 above invoice, I am tempted to get the 335i...

Many thanks for your input.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you tried the dealer up the road from Austin? That's where I got mine a few years ago and they agreed to an amount above ED dealer price. It helps to know exactly what you want and know more about the details & process than the dealer's CA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have that PDF but I can share my recent experience,

I paid US invoice - 7% + invoice price on options/packages + delivery - any credit incentive + 1000 dealer profit

If you can cut the dealer profit to 500 with invoice price on everything, you get a super deal, IMO.

Almost all BMW dealers, 7+ of them, turned me down on that offer except one family owned BMW dealer

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
Make sure it's 7% off US Invoice price, not 7% off of US MSRP. That will be the Euro invoice price. You negotiate a $ above the euro invoice price and all your options should be at invoice too. $1000 above euro invoice is common, you may be able to do better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CVB,

..but I can't get the Invoice price anywhere. You are right tho, they are quoting me 7% off the MSRP not Invoice, plus full price on the options.

It would be great if I had that PDF so I can show them I know this for a fact.

I just hung up with the salesman and mentioned to him that I knew the invoice price (...of 28,400 which I read somewhere) and he agreed he could lower it more, but it had never been done at his dealership.

He said, and I quote "some dealers are pulling their pants down to sell a car"... but they are not. He also said that a mere 1000 dollar profit was not worth his while and it was a waste of time filling out all that paperwork.

But I proved that it is possible to go lower than the 7% of MSRP.

...now if I just had that file sent to me.

Thank for your input tho.

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
My M3 ED price earlier this year came to about 12.25% off MSRP. It was $550 over ED invoice. Contact David at www.eurocarsonline.com and have him give you a quote. If no one locally can at least come close, just go with him.

·
Registered
365 Posts
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2011/bmw/3series/101288737/options.html

Just take 7% off the US Invoice ($30,500) and that's the euro invoice ($28,365). Don't take 7% off the options (those are just at invoice).

Visit one of the board sponsors....they will do a $ over invoice for you on ED.
+1 A site that I used to see how much the invoice price of the options were is: carprices.com

So for your options: $3,110 (including destination)

So add that to the Euro Invoice of ~$28,365 = $31,475 + $500 (Dealer Profit) = $31,975

So see if you can get close to this number, like others have said anywhere from 500-1000 over invoice is common. Also, make sure that they don't try to mark up other areas like doc fee / acquisition fee / money factor.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,348 Posts
Earlier this Spring there were several us in TX trying to find a dealer that would take our ED order. None were found and we had to go with out of state sponsors. Lately somebody posted that they were able to get Garlyn Shelton in Temple to take their order for a reasonable fee over ED invoice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...eurocarsonline.com is closed for the day... I'll call tomorrow morning and see what they offer.

Many thanks to all of you for the info. I was feeling very frustrated this morning, but now I can imagine once again myself going 150mph through an ice storm during Thanksgiving in the Swiss Alps... or maybe Prague... or Vienna. Wherever it is, I will know I saved $1000 bucks thanks to you and paid for all that gas.

I just got a call from a dealer who had previously turned me down, saying he was authorized to offer me 1000 over ED Invoice price. Can't wait to see what that number is. I'll let you know...

·
Registered
135 Posts
...eurocarsonline.com is closed for the day... I'll call tomorrow morning and see what they offer.

Many thanks to all of you for the info. I was feeling very frustrated this morning, but now I can imagine once again myself going 150mph through an ice storm during Thanksgiving in the Swiss Alps... or maybe Prague... or Vienna. Wherever it is, I will know I saved $1000 bucks thanks to you and paid for all that gas.

I just got a call from a dealer who had previously turned me down, saying he was authorized to offer me 1000 over ED Invoice price. Can't wait to see what that number is. I'll let you know...
1000 Over invoice is a fair price. In my experience, David's price will be better but consider you'll have to get the car back to your home town. If you've got the time, you could always do PDC and drive it back from SC. I think there's a pretty good PDC incentive going on now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the process now too. Sent an email to Temple but have not heard back yet. Two other sponsers, one in Chicago and one in Atlanta are right close in prices about 1200 over invoice. Hope to work with one of them if I can get the price down slightly. They will deliver to your house for additional cost if you can't make it to GA, IL or PDC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So......

I've been all over town dealing BMW's plus I called David at eurocarsonline.com

By far David has given me the best deal, 500 over invoice.. but then I have to pick up the car in SC and drive a lot to get home.

...so, I went to one dealership where they accepted to charge me 750 over invoice and that sounds to me like those 250 will serve me to pay transport all the way from SC, saving me hotel, gas, food, etc... not to bad.

But then he slurred there were "Dealership Fees" of 600. David on the other hand did not mention any "dealer" fees but I still have to reconfirm that fact. If there are no dealer fees with david then I should think that the 750 is really 750 + 600 over invoice = 1350.

I know by now many of you would have just signed and not kept on nickel and dimming, but the way I see it those 600 + 250 = 850 could be used for a couple of days in Hilton Head with a new 328i in the parking lot... not bad either.

So are "Dealership fees" just another way to stick it to you?

...and thanks to everybody for the input. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes.

Go with David unless you want to keep negotiating with local dealers. Just tell them the offer you have on the table. They'll either come around or tell you to pound sand.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Which local dealer did you get your quote? BMW of Austin?

So......

I've been all over town dealing BMW's plus I called David at eurocarsonline.com

By far David has given me the best deal, 500 over invoice.. but then I have to pick up the car in SC and drive a lot to get home.

...so, I went to one dealership where they accepted to charge me 750 over invoice and that sounds to me like those 250 will serve me to pay transport all the way from SC, saving me hotel, gas, food, etc... not to bad.

But then he slurred there were "Dealership Fees" of 600. David on the other hand did not mention any "dealer" fees but I still have to reconfirm that fact. If there are no dealer fees with david then I should think that the 750 is really 750 + 600 over invoice = 1350.

I know by now many of you would have just signed and not kept on nickel and dimming, but the way I see it those 600 + 250 = 850 could be used for a couple of days in Hilton Head with a new 328i in the parking lot... not bad either.

...and thanks to everybody for the input. I really appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.