BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends, I have been successful at programming the 2nd FOB key by turning the key 5 times in the ignition, then pressing down the open button, then pressing the lock button 3 times :). Once I get one key programmed, the key that was working correctly stops working (can't open/lock doors, alarm on/off) :dunno:. Can you have both keys working at the same time? Can I do this myself, or is this a dealer issue? TIA

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Dear friends, I have been successful at programming the 2nd FOB key by turning the key 5 times in the ignition, then pressing down the open button, then pressing the lock button 3 times :). Once I get one key programmed, the key that was working correctly stops working (can't open/lock doors, alarm on/off) :dunno:. Can you have both keys working at the same time? Can I do this myself, or is this a dealer issue? TIA
Don't do the complete procedure for each key, only the final step where you press the key button itself needs to be done, but this has to be completed for all keys within about 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jcs - YOU ARE DA MAN! It worked like a charm, and you were the only one who responded. I owe you a pint if you're ever down my way...YIPEEEEEE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts