BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked a 3.0 with the sport package. I'd like to upgrade to 19 inch wheels (285's in the rear). Has anyone who has done this experienced any significant performance or gas mileage effects?

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
otoolea said:
Just picked a 3.0 with the sport package. I'd like to upgrade to 19 inch wheels (285's in the rear). Has anyone who has done this experienced any significant performance or gas mileage effects?
I run the Style 69 18" rims in the winter and the Style 63 19" rims in the spring/summer/fall on my 2001 X5 3.0 with the Sport Package. I don't notice any discernable effects on performance or gas mileage, other than the 19" setup is definately more "sticky" on the road surface :thumbup:

Go for it !!

·
Welcomed to the 'Fest!
696 Posts
otoolea said:
No problems here with my 19's running 285's all around (non-staggered).

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You can also run 285 20s all the way around. I almost went that route, but I didn't want to have any regrets when I look at the back of the X and not see those extra wide 315s!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts