BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The older BMW does not have a sound port and installing one into the dash is expensive. I have heard that you can connect to the antenna and have an exterior port mounted for a lot less $$. I'm not sure where to get this fix. Any ideas?
Thanks, Yatts

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you do a search for 'Aux port' there are many that have came before
you and found all kinds of ways to do it. Its well documented on this
forum, just use your search feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only fix,02-05, mine 01. didn't find a fix for that year , but there is a fix through the antenna, but I can't find the product yet.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,985 Posts
You aren't reading far enough. The top results are about using a newer business CD player that already has the aux port and adding a wire, but if you read more of the search results you'll find a few different ways of doing it. Personally I don't even listen to the radio but I've read plenty of threads about doing this, there are a few kits you can purchase that either replace your trunk CD changer or work as a short range FM transmitter or some people have done mods to their cassette player.

·
SOCIETY OF 7'S
377 Posts
The older BMW does not have a sound port and installing one into the dash is expensive. I have heard that you can connect to the antenna and have an exterior port mounted for a lot less $$. I'm not sure where to get this fix. Any ideas?
Thanks, Yatts
Here's the link I followed to have a 3.5mm sound port for all your devices.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/484836

Here's how mine look like.

I got one of this:

I opted for the actual IPOD connection and the 3.5mm connection so that I can charge my IPOD while playing it:

And here's my finished product:

Good-luck I hope you make it work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts