BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· ---------
475 Posts
Jim Seattle said:
3 Across America is coming to Seattle and I'm going. Do we get to test drive it.???? I read that you don't, and something about a drive after that you follow along...huh? If that's the case...worthless....
Yes, I doubt we can drive but at least I can see the options I picked for my ED. In case something doesn't look right, I still have a chance to adjust my order. Too bad it's during a weekday though...

· Registered
41 Posts
Let me clear this up

I went to the Detroit 3 across america. You can take a turn sitting in one for about 1 minute. you wont be driving one that is NOT part of the show. If you are an avid follower of forums like this one you already know much more than they will cover at the show. They are the same cars in every city 325's and 330's in S.G., silver and Monoco blue. non have navigation or I-drive.

I hope that helps.

· ---------
475 Posts
craigsbmw said:
I went to the Detroit 3 across america. You can take a turn sitting in one for about 1 minute. you wont be driving one that is NOT part of the show. If you are an avid follower of forums like this one you already know much more than they will cover at the show. They are the same cars in every city 325's and 330's in S.G., silver and Monoco blue. non have navigation or I-drive.

I hope that helps.
They let you sit only for 1 minute? :thumbdwn: I would like to examine it a little better than that... Do they have both kind of wood trims (Burl and Poplar) in them? Leather or vinyl?

· BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
804 Posts
Greg220 said:
They let you sit only for 1 minute? :thumbdwn: I would like to examine it a little better than that... Do they have both kind of wood trims (Burl and Poplar) in them? Leather or vinyl?
I guess we were the lucky ones. At the NY kick-off we could sit in the car as long as we liked. In fact, there was no need to sit in the show display cars, as we had plenty of time to get to know the new 3er (except driving!) beforehand.

Attached is a photo of the CCA faithful on top of the parking garage where we met that Saturday.

Attachments

· Ubergeek
16,864 Posts
In San Fran, there are two events: One in the morning for CCA members at one location, and one in the evening open to anyone.

I'm signed up for the CCA member event - hopefully it'll be better...

· ---------
475 Posts
There are two events open to public here: one is at noon (Preview) and the other is at 6PM (BMW celebration). Does anybody know which one would be less crowded? :dunno: Something tells me that at noon shouldn't be that many people because it's a weekday and people are at work...

· Registered
41 Posts
We could sit as long as we wanted to in Detroit - the problem was the other 30 people in line waiting for you to hurry and look. These cars will be at the dealers in 3 short weeks or less then we can just go drive the cars!! :thumbup:

· ---------
475 Posts
craigsbmw said:
We could sit as long as we wanted to in Detroit - the problem was the other 30 people in line waiting for you to hurry and look. These cars will be at the dealers in 3 short weeks or less then we can just go drive the cars!! :thumbup:
Dealer in Seattle said they would have a few E90 coming on April 26 or 27... :D

· Registered
141 Posts
Chicago 3 Across America

Visited the Chicago event and there were not that many people. Arrived at 11:30 and left at 2:30 that gave everyone there plenty of time to look at the cars from every angle. Silver, graphite and blue were there. The BMW rep was quite informative, gave performance stats including the run flat tires (Still a bit nervous on that one.) For my tastes, Monaco Blue with beige leather interior with the wood trim in the 325XI is the one. What did trouble me was the price tag estimate of $1900 for the AWD. That is a lot of money for that. When I asked if it would be offered as a single option or package, they said they didn't know.
Pricing for the XI should be released around end of June.

Summary: pretty nice event, including free turkey club and soft drinks. 1 picture loaded but have plenty more and video if anyone is interested.

Attachments

· Registered
203 Posts
I went to the event here in Denver this past weekend. I thought it was pretty lame. I knew more about the new 330i that the BMW rep I chatted with. No spare tire. They didn't even have one with Navi in it. One would think BMW would have at least one car really loaded up with toys. I've seen pictures of the new 330 and IMO the picture looks better than the real thing. It looks like a cross between an Audi A4 and Acura TL. You can't get Navi unless you order it. I think BMW made a few mistakes with this one. I think the grill looks terrible. I was really considering getting this when the Ci version came out. Now I think I will get the 05 instead. The Ci won't be out until 2007!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.