BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the stiff winds.. :thumbdwn: was a nice day.Several nice M3's were brought.
those that said pics do not do the E90 justice were correct. My combo was there Silver/Black if it only had Wood instead of that aluminum :thumbdwn: My feeling was the interior materials were improved compaired to my E46. Too bad the announcer was not able to answer very many questions , tough crowd I guess.

BMW girl's did enjoy getting on the Longhorn :thumbup:

·
3,440 Posts
SilverTE90 said:
Too bad the announcer was not able to answer very many questions , tough crowd I guess.
I had heard that from someone else too. They had attended the event in another city. This guy is apparently the head of BMW Mobile Tradition, but doesn't know his @ss from a hole in the ground. BMW NA should have put someone out there with some product knowledge. Obviously this guy has none. :rofl:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean said:
I had heard that from someone else too. They had attended the event in another city. This guy is apparently the head of BMW Mobile Tradition, but doesn't know his @ss from a hole in the ground. BMW NA should have put someone out there with some product knowledge. Obviously this guy has none. :rofl:
Best part is when he was asked why there was no Temp gage,He said its right there I just drove for 5 hours in it. They said ok show us ? He looks and goes, oh I guess thats the mpg gage..... :thumbdwn:

·
3,440 Posts
SilverTE90 said:
Best part is when he was asked why there was no Temp gage,He said its right there I just drove for 5 hours in it. They said ok show us ? He looks and goes, oh I guess thats the mpg gage..... :thumbdwn:
That is hilarious! :rofl:

Edit: I bet his name is, Larry Koch.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Do you get to actually drive the cars at the event? How long is the drive?

SilverTE90 said:
Other than the stiff winds.. :thumbdwn: was a nice day.Several nice M3's were brought.
those that said pics do not do the E90 justice were correct. My combo was there Silver/Black if it only had Wood instead of that aluminum :thumbdwn: My feeling was the interior materials were improved compaired to my E46. Too bad the announcer was not able to answer very many questions , tough crowd I guess.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robert A said:
Do you get to actually drive the cars at the event? How long is the drive?
Naw, the drive is a scenic 50 miles drive , where you "follow" their cars driven by the employee's. I think a "box" lunch was provided. I had to leave after taking some photo's and touring the ranch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
SilverTE90 said:

I was there too. The affair felt like an afterthought. They couldn't tell where the other cars were. Loved the car though. It looks so much better in person. The back looks fine. My friend commented that with the sport package, it looks more like the 7, than the 5. If you're thinking about the SP, don't think-it is great. The wheels alone do it. Loved the silver, black, & alu combo-made it look very sporty. Glad I changed my order from the monaco blue to sparkling graphite, as I caught an MB in the parking area.

The car actually looks and feels about the same size as the E46. The interior is nice. Front space is great for anyone around 6'. The back didn't feel that different than the E46. Lots of cupholders everywhere-don't know how long they will last. All in all a nice car.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
Robert A said:
So what's the PHucking point of an appointment? I can look at and sit in the car at any dealer.
That is the reason I decided not to attend though I had a confirmation. This really confirms that it would have not been worth my effort to take a day of vacation and drive 3 plus hours to get there.

Instead I participated in the Drive for the Cure at my local dealer. Drove a 545i and a 645Ci convertible. :D That was more fun than looking at an E90.

·
3,440 Posts
Robert A said:
So what's the PHucking point of an appointment? I can look at and sit in the car at any dealer.
Damn good question. Maybe BMW NA will do an 'Ulitmate Drive' like they did when the E46 sedan came out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That was confirmed by the 3acrossamerica staff

Sean said:
Damn good question. Maybe BMW NA will do an 'Ulitmate Drive' like they did when the E46 sedan came out.
They said they would be back in FL at Dolphin Stadium in July.

Jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts