BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for the dealer to change this feature to a 4- or 5-blink turn signal?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Is it possible for the dealer to change this feature to a 4- or 5-blink turn signal?
I don't think so, In most of Europe the 3 blink is manditory when changing lanes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That's what I've always been wishing for. 4 blinks would be perfect for changing lanes, and 5 would be great too, for comforts sake.
I checked with the dealer and they simply said no. Pity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's what I've always been wishing for. 4 blinks would be perfect for changing lanes, and 5 would be great too, for comforts sake.
+1 I've often wished for a programmed number of blinks. Come on BMW, give us more options to adjust in iDrive.

Argent60

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1 I've often wished for a programmed number of blinks. Come on BMW, give us more options to adjust in iDrive.

Argent60
If you simply turn the nob harder, the next position would make the blinks from 1 to infinity. Pick a number and turn the nob back to neutral after lane change.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I also think that 5 blinks would be better. I usually have to do the 3 blink twice when changing lanes. I wonder if you can still get a ticket if the cop sees you switch lanes but doesn't see the blinker b/c it has already turned off and you tell him that it was on for the 3 blinks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you simply turn the nob harder, the next position would make the blinks from 1 to infinity. Pick a number and turn the nob back to neutral after lane change.
I'm well aware of the continuous blink mode. The whole point of having the system turn off after 3 blinks is for convenience and efficiency. If you can't safely change lanes in 3 blinks, and if the technology is there, then I think it's reasonable to ask for more flexibility in programming. I certainly would be in favor of it.

Argent60

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts

Argent60
I've often wished the same. :thumbup:

·
Stuart in Houston
673 Posts
Quit sniveling :cry:

I found the three blink wasn't quite right either, so I just turned it off. Now I signal the old-fashioned way. Sometimes you need a one-blinker, other times you need more. Just hold it while you need it.

Some things aren't really improved by technology.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Three is not enough, PLUS the display is behind my steering wheel, so I can't tell if they are working or not.

Move the display to the middle of the console so we can see them.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
3 is dandy and I love the feature but I can understand y'all wanting a couple more or the ability to program the number of blinks you wish.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree that more options, personalization, and adjustablilty is great. However, I have been driving my 05 530 for 3 years now and never once have I encountered a scenario where 3 blinks was not sufficient. There is no need for the blinker to be activating way before and way after a lane change.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Probably not the last word: add blinkers to HUD

Three is not enough.

And, as aficionado said, the steering wheel gets in the way of seeing them. So, for those of us with HUDs, why not also add indicators/bllinkers to the HUD display??? There appears to be plenty of room....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
PLUS the display is behind my steering wheel, so I can't tell if they are working or not.

Move the display to the middle of the console so we can see them.
+1

An ergonomic oversight.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
I was taught that you signal your intention for a lane change first, then to continue the signal to the conclusion of the maneuver. Three blinks are rarely enough for me. I say give us the option to select the number of blinks. Those that are happy with three can keep it there, those that want more can have that as well. :thumbup: for the idea of putting a display on the HUD.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts