BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm in the process of shopping around for my 1st BMW. Although the bodies are very similar I really like the small details that set apart M3 from the 3 series coupe, especially the wheels/tires. Unfortunately, I cannot afford an M3. What is the best way, if there is one to get a 3-seies coupe and get the M3 wheels for it? Will they even fit? Are there any after-market companies that make wheels for this purpose? Thanks.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
M3 vs E92 wheels/tires

No, factory M3 wheels are a different offset than the 328 or 335 coupe, at least the rear wheels, not sure about the front. You can buy aftermarket M3 replicas, for instance the CSL reps that Velocity Motoring sells. I am running a set with my winter tire setup. See pic attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
You will never make a 328/335 coupe look like an M3 coupe, but there are numerous wheel & tire aftermarket combinations available that look awesome. If you look in the Tires/Wheels/Brakes/Suspension forum, you'll see some great examples.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
The OEM 19" M3 wheels are nice enough (light, strong, good looking forged wheels), but I think there are even better looking aftermarket wheels that you could get instead, none of which would make you look like you're trying too hard to turn your 335 into an M3.

Also, like someone already said, the offset will almost certainly be different to fill out the flaired wheel fenders.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
thanks for all the info.

i found this pic online, this is the look i want to go for, see pic attached.
Aside from the rims that car has the OEM Aero Lip (available from BMW dealers) and blacked out grills which are a readily available after market part. It is also looks lowered. The lowering and aero lip will create ground clearance problems.

Ca

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm in the process of shopping around for my 1st BMW. Although the bodies are very similar I really like the small details that set apart M3 from the 3 series coupe, especially the wheels/tires. Unfortunately, I cannot afford an M3. What is the best way, if there is one to get a 3-seies coupe and get the M3 wheels for it? Will they even fit? Are there any after-market companies that make wheels for this purpose? Thanks.:dunno:
Please promise that whatever you do YOU WILL NOT violate the cardinal rule against placing any M badges on your non-M 3 series coupe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.