BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am out here in Stuttgart, Germany and I have an opportunity to buy a BMW at an awesome price at the Military Auto Sales. I want an '06 325 with the sport package. My dilema is that this car will be my wifes car, and she would rather get the X3. I have been trying to convince her that the 325 is a great "Bahn Burner." She likes the idea that the X3 has alot of room. The main reason I don't like the X3 is becuase it is less efficient of a vehicle on a day-to-day basis. It gets worse fuel economy and performance is hindered with ride height. The only plus I see for the X3 is the awesome X-Drive system and increase headroom for my 6' 3" body. With fuel prices going up, I just can't see buying an SAV (SUV).

·
Registered
53 Posts
The E90 is by far a much better car than the X3. Look at the poor "haptic" quality of the X3 with the cheap looking and feeling materials in the interior. Look at the technicial specs of it... it weights a lot, is not particular fast or nimble and it is expensive.

Besides, it is certainly not big like your wife presumes. It is not more roomy than a E90. Wait for the touring to come in september and than, you'll have for less money the superior car which also you like to drive with.

·
Registered
214 Posts
voltron1011 said:
I am out here in Stuttgart, Germany and I have an opportunity to buy a BMW at an awesome price at the Military Auto Sales. I want an '06 325 with the sport package. My dilema is that this car will be my wifes car, and she would rather get the X3. I have been trying to convince her that the 325 is a great "Bahn Burner." She likes the idea that the X3 has alot of room. The main reason I don't like the X3 is becuase it is less efficient of a vehicle on a day-to-day basis. It gets worse fuel economy and performance is hindered with ride height. The only plus I see for the X3 is the awesome X-Drive system and increase headroom for my 6' 3" body. With fuel prices going up, I just can't see buying an SAV (SUV).
If you have the chance, let her test drive both. That should be all you need. :thumbup:

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,398 Posts
I'm in Stuttgart too!

Tell her wehat I told my frau... X3 is garbage. :bigpimp:

What did you end up getting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alstoy said:
If you have the chance, let her test drive both. That should be all you need. :thumbup:
My wife wanted an X3 and I wanted an E90. We test drove both, and she was put off the X3 immediately. Needless to say we got an E90 in the end :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts