BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3 Series received some minor changes beginning with March production. The tilt function has been added to enable a greater range of seat adjustments. Power seats will now be 8-way power on sedans, sport wagons and coupes. Convertibles have standard 10-way power seats.(A 2-way power headrest is only available on the convertibles.) The coupes and convertibles only will also receive a minor cosmetic change. The front spoiler on both the coupe and convertible will have more body color below the bumper. Prior to the change a significant portion of the spoiler was flat black. These changes do not affect pricing. A MY2002 March edition of the 3 Series brochures incorporates these updates and will be available by the middle of April...

:thumb:

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
The tilt function is on the power seats for the 325, where there was 6-way, is now 8-way.

6-way:

Seat Cushion UP/DOWN
Seat Back FORWARD/BACKWARDS
Whole Seat FORWARDS/BACKWARDS

8-way adds:

Seat Cushion: TILT UP/TILT DOWN

This is just GREAT news now that I picked up my car YESTERDAY without the tilt function. ARG!!! :cry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
for the want of one day...

Oops, I was wrong... I called BMWNA, and my car was actually produced on Feb 28th... so I just missed the change-over by 1 day :(

Of course, it had been scheduled for production on March 8th, so maybe that's the date to use... or maybe the BMWNA dates are U.S. dates, and it was actually built in Germany on March 1st...

Oh well, we'll see when I pick it up. The funny thing is, I remember when I tried the power tilt control in the sport seats that I thought it was pretty useless; I didn't see myself adjusting it that much. And now I'm bummed because I just missed it. I'm sure there's some psychological term for that :confused: :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.