BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still soooo burried...

However, I just wanted to pass this along to you...

All E46 vehicles (except M3 Coupe & Cabrio) will have the same residual vales for 24, 30, and 36 month terms.

24 months = 68%

30 months = 64%

36 months = 60%

Remember, these residuals are for 15k mi/yr.

For 12k add 2%, and for 10k add 3%.

For M3 Coupes the RV's are 70%, 66%, and 62%.
For M3 CVs `the RV's are 67%, 63%, and 59% respectively.

As for money factors, there is no "program" (i.e. subvented or "special" rate) being offered just yet.

The "standard rates" now in effect translate in around 6.5%
when expressed as an A.P.R.

Hope this helps those of you with new cars on order.

Now...

Back to that heapin' pile 'o paperwork on my desk...
:cry: :bawling: :banghead:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Ben Chou said:

Sonet,

You sure about this. From my recollection it is negotiated price.
Well, I thought I was sure... until you started questioning me. Now I'm about 86% sure. :D

--SONET

·
Registered
480 Posts
SONET said:

Well, I thought I was sure... until you started questioning me. Now I'm about 86% sure. :D

--SONET
hahah, Well it makes more sense that it would be negotiated price. Some of us get great deals on out cars, but the payments do not stay the same for us. The residual is the percentage of your negotiated price or Cap cost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ben Chou said:

hahah, Well it makes more sense that it would be negotiated price. Some of us get great deals on out cars, but the payments do not stay the same for us. The residual is the percentage of your negotiated price or Cap cost.
As good as that may sound it is the the MSRP that is multiplied by the residual % to get the residual value. Think about it, the residual is the lessor's estimated value of the car at the end of the term. What do they care what you negotiated the actual price or cap cost to be.

·
Registered
480 Posts
David-sFL said:

As good as that may sound it is the the MSRP that is multiplied by the residual % to get the residual value. Think about it, the residual is the lessor's estimated value of the car at the end of the term. What do they care what you negotiated the actual price or cap cost to be.
Hmmm.. Well if that was the case then people that swing 500-1000 over invoice deals are getting a real head start in terms of lease payments since the residual is based on MSRP and the monthly payment is based on Cap Cost or Negotiated price.

I have to recheck my numbers since I fall into that category to see if I can get a definite answer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This should be resolved. If the lessor is basing the lease on the MSRP as the base for cap cost, and the dealer is setting up the lease with the customer using the negotiated price as the base for cap cost, the difference in the depreciation charge is money in the dealer's pocket.

Jon,

If you read this, could you give us the answer.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy1999w37/58577.html

Posted by Jon Shafer on September 16, 1999 at 15:37:57:

We had a power outage the other day, and I had to "work" a few deals the "old-fashioned" way... It's really quite simple! A lease payment is basically two things: 1) monthly depreciation, and 2) monthly rent.

The depreciation calculation is simply obtained by first calculating the residual - multiply the M.S.R.P.
by the published percentage offered by the leasing company (e.g. BMWFS 65% for 15k/yr 328i)... Next, subtract the residual from the adjusted cap cost which is the "selling price" (+) the bank fee and luxury tax (if applicable)(-)any cap reduction. Then simply divide that amount by the term of the lease to obtain the "monthly" depreciation.

The "rent charge" calculation is also very simple...
Just add the adjusted cap cost and the residual,and multiply that sum by the lease money factor(e.g. .00305). That product is the monthly rent charge.
Now add the depreciation and the rent and you have the base monthly payment!! :) All that's left is the monthly tax, based on your county of residence...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy1999w37/58577.html

Posted by Jon Shafer on September 16, 1999 at 15:37:57:

We had a power outage the other day, and I had to "work" a few deals the "old-fashioned" way... It's really quite simple! A lease payment is basically two things: 1) monthly depreciation, and 2) monthly rent.

The depreciation calculation is simply obtained by first calculating the residual - multiply the M.S.R.P.
by the published percentage offered by the leasing company (e.g. BMWFS 65% for 15k/yr 328i)... Next, subtract the residual from the adjusted cap cost which is the "selling price" (+) the bank fee and luxury tax (if applicable)(-)any cap reduction. Then simply divide that amount by the term of the lease to obtain the "monthly" depreciation.

The "rent charge" calculation is also very simple...
Just add the adjusted cap cost and the residual,and multiply that sum by the lease money factor(e.g. .00305). That product is the monthly rent charge.
Now add the depreciation and the rent and you have the base monthly payment!! :) All that's left is the monthly tax, based on your county of residence...
Jon,

Again, you cleared things right up. Thanks.

-Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts