Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Earth's Mightiest Hero
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I need a trunk solution for my 330xi. Groceries are flying all around the place. I really miss the cargo net thing my old Oldsmobile had, but when I look at the 3 Series accessory catalog, I don't really see anything that's close. I do plan to get the Grocery Gripper $25+12 (82 26 0 153 360 + 82 11 0 306 046) via eBay or other garage manager looking to clear inventory, but that's more for very small loads. I need something adequate for securing Super Bowl-sized grocery loads.

BMW does offer:

Luggage Compartment Floor Net (51 47 0 010 557) $69
This thing looks like it's made more to hold objects to the floor rather than acting as a hammock for groceries. I planned on getting this until I saw the picture.

Cargo Organizer (82 11 0 152 596) $80
This looks like a fold up/fold down box that might do the trick a little better.

Does anyone have any experience with these items? Any other ideas?

:dunno:

GO BEARS! Too bad I sold my first kidney to pay for school.

:str8pimpi Rick

·
Dooner driven as Dooners
33 Posts
I have installed the floor net, got my CA to comp it for me. I find it is great for low items such as my computer case, but, as OP suggests, not good for groceries. It is even too low for my suitcase. And if anything is really flat it doesn't hold it. I think it must be spec'd for Euro beer kegs...

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
What you want is an "envelope" style cargo net that hangs vertically in the trunk. I don't have my e90 yet (ED date not even confirmed yet :( ) so I have no clue whether there are good attachment points in there. I bought one for a Ford Focus because it happened to fit SAABs quite well. I can stuff several pretty full plastic grocery sacks in there, as well as 12 packs of beer/soda, whatever, and it stays put. I think it was like $30 from a Ford accessories site. Here's what I'm talking about. :thumbup:

You might even find one locally.

I'll remove it before I sell the SAAB - it's one of the best accessories I've ever had for a car.

·
Dooner driven as Dooners
33 Posts
Yes, I had one of these in my Solara, and frankly, thought it was what I was going to get for my current ride, but alas.. Need to figure out mounting points, I am sure it could be done. Anyone have a DIY for what johnc is talking about?

·
Earth's Mightiest Hero
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's exactly what I had on my old Oldsmobile. There really isn't much for it to latch onto in the back of the E90, and I don't want to drill holes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been wondering about the Luggage Compartment Floor Net as well. We've had the flat arrangement in a different car, prefer the hammock style for grocery bags.

Has anyone found a solution?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the Cargo Organizer (82 11 0 152 596) $80 - works well, compartments adjust to various sizes, folds down if needed.
+1

Though I have yet to actally use mine to carry anything (today will be the first time), it was the best of the BMW accessories for me.

The OP should search for my recent post citing the Rola 59000 as the source for the BMW item. The post contains a link to the then deeply discounted Rola branded version of the unit.

Snaxster

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
I bought this awesome net from wal-mart for my trunk for like $20. It is actually intended for holding a motorcycle helmet to the back seat of a bike, so it has these little plastic "S-hooks" on the corners which i hook into the plastic loops that are mounted on the floor of my trunk. I think the plastic loops are intended for BMW's carge net, but it works perfectly with the one I bought. I love it.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Greetings,

I need a trunk solution for my 330xi. Groceries are flying all around the place. I really miss the cargo net thing my old Oldsmobile had, but when I look at the 3 Series accessory catalog, I don't really see anything that's close. I do plan to get the Grocery Gripper $25+12 (82 26 0 153 360 + 82 11 0 306 046) via eBay or other garage manager looking to clear inventory, but that's more for very small loads. I need something adequate for securing Super Bowl-sized grocery loads.

BMW does offer:

Luggage Compartment Floor Net (51 47 0 010 557) $69
This thing looks like it's made more to hold objects to the floor rather than acting as a hammock for groceries. I planned on getting this until I saw the picture.

Cargo Organizer (82 11 0 152 596) $80
This looks like a fold up/fold down box that might do the trick a little better.

Does anyone have any experience with these items? Any other ideas?

:dunno:

:str8pimpi Rick
Rick,
I had the same problem and I did my research.
Here is what I found wich is less expensive than BMW Net ($75)
Check my post #61 on this thread
or go here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts