BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need your help to decide which one to go for either Merc c class or BMW 3 series. I am not an expert on cars and want to buy a car that is reliable, probably not very luxurious but complementing and good value for money, not too expensive to maintain and offers something above average in terms of comfort and drive. I almost like 3 series more then c class in terms of looks etc. but need guidance from someone who can give a comparison of key points.

also could someone advise whats the difference from 3 series in previous shape (before 2007) to new shape (from 2007 to 2011) other then outlook. i mean in terms of insurance and economics etc.

I am after auto/diesel. Can anyone inform if they had problem with 3 series auto gear box or is it totally reliable

Thanks

· Registered
10,963 Posts
Hello,
I need your help to decide which one to go for either Merc c class or BMW 3 series. I am not an expert on cars and want to buy a car that is reliable, probably not very luxurious but complementing and good value for money, not too expensive to maintain and offers something above average in terms of comfort and drive. I almost like 3 series more then c class in terms of looks etc. but need guidance from someone who can give a comparison of key points.

also could someone advise whats the difference from 3 series in previous shape (before 2007) to new shape (from 2007 to 2011) other then outlook. i mean in terms of insurance and economics etc.

I am after auto/diesel. Can anyone inform if they had problem with 3 series auto gear box or is it totally reliable

Thanks
What's a "diesel?"

· Super Moderator
20,971 Posts
Hello,

Thanks
Define 'reliable', 'not very luxurious', 'value for money', 'not too expensive' and 'above average in comfort and drive'.

· Drive it like u stole it!
813 Posts
If you dont want a car that is expensive to maintain, find a nice used Honda or Toyota. Euro cars are known to cost a little more to maintain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.