487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this good or bad?

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
BobC said:
Is this good or bad?
It means you're getting some serious bite on that left front (outside) wheel. Can you do that in both directions?

Nice picture!

·
Looking for a project car
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy Forbes said:
It means you're getting some serious bite on that left front (outside) wheel. Can you do that in both directions?

Nice picture!
I don't know if I could get the driver side front off the ground with my fat butt in the driver seat!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
BobC said:
Is this good or bad?

Nice pic!

Stock swaybar and end links up front? Sort of looks like it's lifting before I'd expect the stock swaybar to pick it up. Not a problem if you're not understeering, I'm just curious.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dwm said:
Nice pic!

Stock swaybar and end links up front? Sort of looks like it's lifting before I'd expect the stock swaybar to pick it up. Not a problem if you're not understeering, I'm just curious.
Thanks!

No and no. I have a RD front sway bar with RD adjustable endlinks attached to the control arm, not the strut. No understeer at all. That was a very fast right hand sweeper that I was running at full thorttle. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
BobC said:
Thanks!

No and no. I have a RD front sway bar with RD adjustable endlinks attached to the control arm, not the strut. No understeer at all. That was a very fast right hand sweeper that I was running at full thorttle. :)
details and pics please, I just put the RD bars on my car a couple days ago.

I am hoping to get my TC Kline D/A setup to do that this weekend. It wil be my first time out with the new suspension.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JBgotM said:
details and pics please, I just put the RD bars on my car a couple days ago.

I am hoping to get my TC Kline D/A setup to do that this weekend. It wil be my first time out with the new suspension.
I don't have any pictures but, I used the RD adjustable endlinks that are designed to be used on a rear sway bar. They are a little less than half the length of a stock front sway bar link. I got them from TC Kline, I don't remember what the price was. On top of those you'll need the U shaped bracket, nut, and washer from a non-M E36 car to create the mounting points on the front control arms. I got those parts from my local dealer for a few dollars.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
320 Posts
BobC said:
I don't have any pictures but, I used the RD adjustable endlinks that are designed to be used on a rear sway bar. They are a little less than half the length of a stock front sway bar link. I got them from TC Kline, I don't remember what the price was. On top of those you'll need the U shaped bracket, nut, and washer from a non-M E36 car to create the mounting points on the front control arms. I got those parts from my local dealer for a few dollars.

Hope this helps.
any particular advantages of runnin the links from the control arm as opposed to the strut

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JBgotM said:
any particular advantages of runnin the links from the control arm as opposed to the strut
There are two advantages:

First, the angle between the sway bar and the end link is closer to a right angle when conecting to the control arm.

Second, the adjustable rear end links are about half the price of the adjustable front endlinks :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
BobC said:

Hope this helps.
I don't wanna burben you too bad, but do you know of any part numbers I need or is there a DIY write-up somewhere so I can do this?

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JBgotM said:
I don't wanna burben you too bad, but do you know of any part numbers I need or is there a DIY write-up somewhere so I can do this?
I don't have the part numbers handy but I'm sure I could look them up when I get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts