BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I have searched and searched and can't find an answer. It is time for new tires for my Asanti wheels. Right now I am running Pirelli 295/25/22 on the rear. My question is, will a 95/30/22 fit in the rear? Has anybody ran this size?

·
Banned
973 Posts
You will have to get the fenders rolled to get a 30 series tire to fit in the back.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I thought a 265/30/22 would fit with no rubbing or rolling of the quarters?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's my point exactly, I hear conflicting stories on if it will fit no problems, or have to do this or that.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I thought you had 265\30's tahts why I said what I did but you have 295\30's I am told the 265's WILL fit no rubbing that's the only reason i went with them I guess the 295's might rub from the sounds of things. I have not mounted mine yet so I can not confirm

·
Banned
973 Posts
Yes the 265/30 will fit.....but in your post you were asking about 295/30 not 265/30.:confused:

295/30 will not fit without rolling the fender but 265/30 will.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So have any of you mounted a 295/30/22 on the rear? Is it for sure, rolling the fenders? I don't mind rolling the fenders, but want to get it done before mounted the 30 series tire.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Word of caution - fitment and mfg specs are two totally different things. Fit yes. If a tire fails and or breaks a bead, goes flat, shreds and tears up your car and the distributor/mfg finds out you fit a 265/30 on a wheel that exceeds their rim width range.....you're pretty much a$$'d out.

Example: 265/30 from Yokohama has a rim width range of 9-10". I wouldn't put that on my 11" wheel. But cool if you're rear wheel is within their parameters.

E

·
Banned
973 Posts
I seriously doubt if anyone here has a 295/30 in the back. The recommended stagger fit that most of us have run including me is a 265/30 in front on a 10" wide rim and 295/25 in the back on an 11" wide rim.:thumbup:

So have any of you mounted a 295/30/22 on the rear? Is it for sure, rolling the fenders? I don't mind rolling the fenders, but want to get it done before mounted the 30 series tire.

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
I seriously doubt if anyone here has a 295/30 in the back. The recommended stagger fit that most of us have run including me is a 265/30 in front on a 10" wide rim and 295/25 in the back on an 11" wide rim.:thumbup:
iirc mani was running 295/30 in the rear

·
Banned
973 Posts
He would have to have his fender rolled a bit to get that size to fit in the rear.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
He would have to have his fender rolled a bit to get that size to fit in the rear.
Yep, I had 295/25 then 295/30 tires on a 11 inch rim... and I cut my fenders, rolling wasn't enough.

the 30 series was definitely a nicer ride because it gave the tire some flex. The 25 series were very thin and with the negative camber, they were already compressed a lot on the inside edge. Unfortunately the 295/30 combination is considered "suv/truck" size tires so you dont get the sportier tire designs.

Pic of car with 295/30 tires:

The outer edge of the tires was about 2mm away from the inside of the fender after cutting the fender lip.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Are you saying you cut the inside black plastic fender area? How much did you cut back?
First you have to cut the lip on the metal fender itself. The front fenders have the lip already rolled back nicely but at the rear they leave about 3/4 of an inch of a lip sticking right into the wheel well. This metal strip is what rubs the tire and slices up the side wall. Flat rubbing in general isn't so bad, its the cuts that you get from this that will eat your tires up.

My shop trimmed that flange almost all the way to the edge, then re-coated with primer and black paint to prevent rust and peeling. Then they cut the black plastic fender lining a little and glued it back to the fender. It takes more work than just getting the fenders rolled but its a much better and cleaner job.

You might get away with just rolling depending on the offset of your wheels though so put them on first then take the car through some dips slowly or load it up with weight in the back to see where it will rub.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
hey mani, your car isn't lowered huh? the 30 series tire actually helps fill the gap if your car isn't lowered. may need to do additional cutting/rolling if your car was dropped:dunno:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts