Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,449 Posts
That kind of depends on what you might mean by un-safe. 303 is mostly water, with ethylene glycol, sorbitol/glucitol, magnesium nitrate, and seven proprietary substances (with maximum concentrations of less than 0.22% = 0.0022).

I believe that the best cleaning of instrument covers is, first, non-contact with a vacuum / blower. If you must touch then use an ultra fine 2µ woven microfiber cloth (not terry or non-woven) (sometimes being called "e-cloth" ). If a lubricant / solvent must be used then use distilled water.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if 303 aerospace protectant is safe too use on instrument gauges panel ?
I've had 303 overspray cloud and stain the plastic instrument panel cover on an Infiniti. Much as I like the stuff, I would never just spray it in a car. I spray it on a cloth outside the car and wipe it on plastic dashboard etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I accidentally got some on the outside of my windshield and it left an oily sheen that I'm still trying to wash off ,I can't imagine what would have happened if I sprayed it on instrument panel

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would not, gentle remove dust with microfiber cloth and then clean with distilled water. But, 303 is VG for rubber molding and dashboards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts