BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Bought my '03 330i at the Mercedes dealer (of all places) just two weeks ago. It has 28.7K miles on it. They did perform an oil change on it but since it is close to 30K shouldn't my service indicator light be going off? Since they changed the oil at the MB dealer, the oil service says 14,200. I would like to take it in to the BMW dealer for a covered under warranty inspection. How soon can I take it in to BMW so that it will be covered under warranty? Also should I have BMW change the oil again? I don't think it's necessary. Thanks in advance.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
1) Mercedes shouldn't have reset the service indicator... If they did, they screwed up.. I wonder if they reset it, or sent the car over to BMW to have the Inspection I completed?

2) You can take the car to any BMW service department.. they will pull the records.. If the Inspection I hasn't been done, I'm sure they will do it at 30K, even if the tracking system was reset by mistake...

3) The service is free... If Mercedes changed the oil, no telling what brand or viscosity they used.. Just let BMW change it again along with the 30K inspection.

regards,
kyfdx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.