BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know there are lots of tyre topics around but I couldn't quite find the answer to this. I need to replace my bridgestone potenza runflats on my e92 which has the 313 19 inch alloys.

I understand that the recommended tyre sizes are:

Front: 225/35 R19
Rear: 255/30 R19

But when I put my car into the tyre website I use (blackcircles.com) it offers up the standard sizes but also these alternatives:

Front: 225/40 R19
Rear: 255/35 R19

Normally I'd just go with the recommended size and be done with it but the price difference between these sizes makes them worth at least considering. Fronts are £44 cheaper and rears are £40 cheaper...that's a £168 ($223) difference for a full set of potenzas!

Has anyone run this alternative sizing? Does anyone have any pictures? Is there any reason not to try them, would there be rubbing against the wheel arch because of the slightly taller sidewalls?

Thanks

·
RLTW
568 Posts
I have the same wheels. I'd suggest ditching the run flats and going with a good performance tire. Run flats are expensive to begin with so you can probably get a better non run flat for the same or less money. I run 235/35-19 in front and 275/30-19 in rear with no rubbing issues whatsoever.

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
313 Wheel is one of the best looking that BMW has ever come up with. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info on the step up on tire size. I am still on run flats, but this Christmas they are getting gone and Michelin PSS's are being put on.

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts