BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 1995 316i Sport Compact (in the UK). I bought the car from a BMW mechanic in April and ever since I have had the car the alarm has never worked and the LED has never flashed and I also have a siren under the bonnet (reading BMW 2T), a red LED next to the cigarette lighter and a small metal alarm key that was given to me by the previous owner (although I thought these were for those sirens that have a key hole in them, which mine doesn't).
I have heard that these alarms are also known as the Sigma 2T and are meant to have a remote which I have not been given.
Thinking the alarm has been disconnected, I have taken off the glovebox and cannot seem to find the alarm unit, just a General Module unit reading "BMW GMIV-LOW 12V" and an EWS unit reading "BMW EWS II".
Is this likely that I have had my alarm unit taken out or is it in there somewhere?
If I need a new alarm, would the alarm unit be an easy fit or a mechanic job?
Thanks,

Jamie

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Jamie, sorry I can't help you but since you have a small metal key, it might be an aftermarket alarm system. Try asking on 318ti.org to see if anyone there can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts