BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around the forum and other sites, and I am now aware of the difference between the 325e/es and the 325i/is, but what is the difference with the 325? Does it have the 2.7L engine of the 325e or the 2.5L of the 325i? I'm guessing the 2.7L, but I'd like to be certain. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I see, thank you. :( But is there any reason for the lack of "e" at the end?

Edit: Ya, that was pretty stupid of me, ha. The Emissions Control sticker under the hood had all of the information that I needed, basically (about the engine). Is there still any other difference though?

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
I see, thank you. :( But is there any reason for the lack of "e" at the end?

Edit: Ya, that was pretty stupid of me, ha. The Emissions Control sticker under the hood had all of the information that I needed, basically (about the engine). Is there still any other difference though?
no difference besides missing the "e" on the badge

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, okay. Thanks a lot. :) I guess the good news is that the 325 badge looks slightly nicer than 325e badge, heh (unless of course I remove it :p).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean as a single badge? My parts car has a "325" and an "e" separate from one another.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
first off. even though its a parts car take the ///M badge off of it. and yeah i have never seen "325e" in anyway on a trunk, im not saying it never existed (because it does exist), i have personally never seen it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooo, okay. And that picture was from the day that I'd bought the car, lol. I DEFINITELY took the ///M badge off. It was the first thing that I did when I got home. :)

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
and its faster. less wieght :thumbup:
"e" badge = 0.5 ounces.

1 ounce is around 243.8whp ... so if you add in the "e" badge plus the sticky material it takes to put it on the trunk, i think you might be able to gain a good 240whp. give or take 0.5 hp.

removing the "e" badge = win

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
"e" badge = 0.5 ounces.

1 ounce is around 243.8whp ... so if you add in the "e" badge plus the sticky material it takes to put it on the trunk, i think you might be able to gain a good 240whp. give or take 0.5 hp.

removing the "e" badge = win
i removed the 320i off the back of mine, and aftermarket real carbon fiber roundles front and back = MEGA WIN

1 - 20 of 22 Posts