Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I am about to order a 2003 325xi with 5 Speed Manual tranny/Grey Metallic/ Folder Rear seats/ On board Comp for 31500 (including destination - about 750 dollars less than MSRP - Illinois, but not including tax/title)

Is this price reasonable or should I bargain?

Your suggestions are WANTED... Anything more I should ask them?

Thanks,
n00b

·
just copacetic!!!
1,641 Posts
BMWn00b said:
Hi,
I am about to order a 2004 325xi with 5 Speed Manual tranny/Grey Metallic/ Folder Rear seats/ On board Comp for 31500 (including destination - about 750 dollars less than MSRP - Illinois, but not including tax/title)

Thanks,
n00b
It would be better to see what you can do from the dealer's invoice up...about $1000 - 1500 is what most have reported. Be sure to ask what is included in the dealer's invoice as some include MACO fees that they have to pay for advertising. Also, get them to throw in the floor mats. Good luck - the wait is the worse part. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AndDown said:
It would be better to see what you can do from the dealer's invoice up...about $1000 - 1500 is what most have reported. Be sure to ask what is included in the dealer's invoice as some include MACO fees that they have to pay for advertising. Also, get them to throw in the floor mats. Good luck - the wait is the worse part. :)
This dealer (near home) avoided the question when I asked him for the invoice price. He said that new BMWs will go for about $750 less than the MSRP and that's about it...

Thanks for the advice ... I'll definitely ask them to throw in the mats for free... The test drive almost gave me goosebumps... I can imagine what M drivers etc go through.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
BMWn00b said:
Hi,
I am about to order a 2003 325xi with 5 Speed Manual tranny/Grey Metallic/ Folder Rear seats/ On board Comp for 31500 (including destination - about 750 dollars less than MSRP - Illinois, but not including tax/title)

Thanks,
n00b
$750 less than MSRP is not a good deal on a '03 model. Remember, the '04's come out in a few weeks. According to my sources ( http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41051 ), the dealer is getting $1500 rebate on this car. He should pass all that along to you, plus some. Normally, $1500 over invoice is a good deal. With the rebate, you should be able to buy this car at invoice.

·
Registered
262 Posts
BMWn00b said:
Hi,

Thanks,
n00b
$750 less than MSRP sounds more like a deal on a new year model instead of a last year model. I don't remember the amount, but somewhere on this forum I saw a listing of the trunk money being offered on 3 series. Do a search and I'll bet you can save $1000 to $1500 more. Good luck

·
Registered
262 Posts
BMWn00b said:
Hi,

Thanks,
n00b
I just re-read your message. What to you mean by "order?" If it is a factory order you will be getting a 2004 model. If a dealer trade, my comment from above should apply.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tejenkins said:
I just re-read your message. What to you mean by "order?" If it is a factory order you will be getting a 2004 model. If a dealer trade, my comment from above should apply.
Oops my mistake... sorry... my original post should read 2004 325xi (did two changes and didn't update this line). It is a factory order arriving early December.

Thanks for the data sheet. They are giving me about $750 off the $29550 mentioned in the data sheet + options/taxes etc.

Looks like I should bargain a bit more before I go ahead...

·
Registered
468 Posts
BMWn00b said:
Oops my mistake... sorry... my original post should read 2004 325xi (did two changes and didn't update this line). It is a factory order arriving early December.

Thanks for the data sheet. They are giving me about $750 off the $29550 mentioned in the data sheet + options/taxes etc.

$750 off the sticker isn't too bad for a 2004. I just ordered a 325i in semi-stripped configuration for $1000 off the sticker. You can certainly bargain for more but as it stands you're getting at least an average deal.

If you found a 2003 that suited you it could be had for a LOT less.

·
Registered
262 Posts
BMWn00b said:

Where are you buying in Chicago? Pretty high ad fees here. Plus, I think the dealers kind of collaborate on pricing. NOTE: I am not implying any illegal activity here :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tejenkins said:
Where are you buying in Chicago? Pretty high ad fees here. Plus, I think the dealers kind of collaborate on pricing. NOTE: I am not implying any illegal activity here :)
Twin City Motors - Savoy, Illinois

You were right about the collaboration. He knew about all the inventories / pricing info in the state of IL and PA for this model.

This also raises another question: I asked for online/over-the-phone quotes from several other dealers in the area. If they collaborate, my attempt at getting a competitive price will fail... right??

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
belsouth said:
I'm getting $1,500 over invoice here in VA for an '04 325i. November delivery, hopefully.
325i's and 325xi's are two different beasts, at least up here. 325i's are a dime a dozen, and we sell them for whatever they'll fetch. 325xi's are in shorter supply, and much higher demand, and that usually means that at any given time, there will be none on our lot. This doesn't mean we wouldn't negociate, but it does mean that we don't have to give them away.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Noob,

I'm in WI, but in IL frequently.

I just got an online-quote from Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville for $1500 under MSRP, which equates to about 4% over invoice. Not too bad. (it was a 2004 325i that MSRP at 32370, invoiced at 29680 and they offered at 30870)

So go to their website, http://www.billjacobsbmw.com/

and ask for a quick quote. Mike (I can't remember the last name) was the internet sales guy I emailed.

So yeah, in Chicagoland, I think you *can* do better. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
racerdave said:
I just got an online-quote from Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville for $1500 under MSRP, which equates to about 4% over invoice. Not too bad. (it was a 2004 325i that MSRP at 32370, invoiced at 29680 and they offered at 30870)
I hope to hear their reply soon. I'll gladly take it if I get a similar deal.

·
Dragon Slayer
353 Posts
I got a silver '03 325i with steptronic for $27,700. BWM is giving $1500 rebates to dealers here, so that is the only money they are making off the cars, from what I am hearing. Basically got mine for no markup from the factory. :p Good luck!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Yeah, the rebates are true enough, but only on 03 cars.

Noob and I wanted some wierd option combos, so 04 is the only way to get them... so that's where the $1500 under MSRP came from.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
racerdave said:
Noob and I wanted some wierd option combos, so 04 is the only way to get them... so that's where the $1500 under MSRP came from.
Right-O

BTW, I got about 1000 off MSRP, plus some extras like custom mats, all-weather mats and wheel locks thrown in. I got offers of 2500 off MSRP for 03's but they didn't have the options I wanted...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dont squeeze them for everything theyre worth, coz youll be needing them for service/parts in the future (if you keep using them)

And theyll be less likely to look after 'the bastard who wouldnt let it go'..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I FINALLY ordered the 2004 325xi Gray Green Metallic/ Black leatherette today. I went to-and-fro between Silver Gray and Gray Green and decided to go with Gray Green. Hope I don't repent this choice.

I got an offer of 5.3 percent for the BMW Financial Services. (I am just moving from Grad School to a job. So, I don't have a long credit history) Can anyone tell me if this is competitive? Any insights are appreciated as I can switch to another service before taking delivery in late November/early december. Thanks y'all :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts