BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like the zephyr will have more interior amenities and space for less $. probably won't have the handling but who races their 325 anyway.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn that never occurred to me. I wonder if I can cancel my Euro Delivery and get a zephyr instead? With all the money I save, I could get some sweet mag wheels and those cool purple neon lights underneath.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been browsing this board unregistered for quite some time, but this post forced me to register just so I could ask a question. WTF! How could you compare a Ford to a BMW?

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
robey1 said:
i've seen bmw compared to infinitis lexus'
You can compare a BMW to anything you like. :dunno:

Whats your point?

·
10,856 Posts
Hmm. It's front wheel drive.

That pretty much automatically means it's a piece of ****.

·
10,856 Posts
robey1 said:
they make a 280hp rwd that can take either of your 325s
yeah, try buying a lincoln with a manual. I'm aware that they made the LS with one, but there sure as hell aren't many.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
yeah, try buying a lincoln with a manual. I'm aware that they made the LS with one, but there sure as hell aren't many.
They only made the V6s with a manual option. A buddy of mine had one and liked it well enough, although he mentioned that the interior was pretty low-rent, even by the standards of the day (2001, IIRC). He now drives a 330Cic and I can say he's never looked back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
robey1 said:
looks like the zephyr will have more interior amenities and space for less $. probably won't have the handling but who races their 325 anyway.
If the Lincoln actually looked like the pictures on the serious wheels website posted above, yeah maybe it would be worth it...but come on...they were just some concept pictures...in reality it looks more like the new Ford Five-Hundred

http://www.lincoln.com/vehicles/newvehiclepreview/zephyr/photos_exterior.asp

·
Registered
146 Posts
robey1 said:
it is built off the mazda 3 not the five hundred.
It is off of the mazda 6 platform (as is the new ford midsize car-ford fusion, I think that is the new name).

The mazda 3 platform encompasses the European focus, mazda3, and volvo s40/v50.

The 500 is off of the volvo s80 platform.

Anyways, I can see why people would compare the two, but they are very, very different. Despite the stigma of lincoln being an old person's car, younger (like maybe 40s or late 30s) will definitely buy this car. It is a good handling, reasonably reliable car with an automatic, which is as much as most people want. With the crazy discounting and rebates, this should come in pretty cheap and give some comptetition to the camry, malibu, and accord...as the mazda 6 is currently attempting to do. It is much better to drive than any of the aforementioned vehicles, with malibu coming closest.

RWD vs FWD (or haldex) is tottally different ballgame. They are basically aiming for totally different markets as well. The OP stated that if they wanted features, etc they'd be better off with the Zephyr. Anyone who wants those gadgets, FWD, auto, reliability, nice interior (and a vibrating driveshaft :eek: ) is better off with an acura TL (or even an TSX).

·
Registered
391 Posts
As with most recent Fords, it's a big zero in the styling department. Get a MazdaSpeed6 if you want some fun with the same plaform, but in the end, it just doesn't have the edge and sophistication of a BMW.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts