BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine really likes my 330Ci, so is looking Bimmer but on a slighty tighter budget.

Were you 325Ci owners able to get your 325Ci with what you wanted for under $35K?

She's thinking, Metallic Paint (topaz blue), Leatherette(sand), Bi-Xenon, SP, Moon, and maybe CWP and HK stereo if the numbers are right.

We looked at the MSRPs on-line and the difference was about 5-6K between the 325 and 330 IIRC. We're just wondering what the real world numbers were like.

TIA.:thumb:

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Dubs said:
A friend of mine really likes my 330Ci, so is looking Bimmer but on a slighty tighter budget.

Were you 325Ci owners able to get your 325Ci with what you wanted for under $35K?

She's thinking, Metallic Paint (topaz blue), Leatherette(sand), Bi-Xenon, SP, Moon, and maybe CWP and HK stereo if the numbers are right.

We looked at the MSRPs on-line and the difference was about 5-6K between the 325 and 330 IIRC. We're just wondering what the real world numbers were like.

As long as you avoid high-dollar items like the automatic transmission, the premium package, and leather interior, it should be no problem at all getting a 325Ci for less than 35K. My 323Ci, optioned like the above (except for metallic paint and Xe) was substantially less than 32K.

G

·
geomax said:
Based on people's experience, how much over Invoice can be expected "fair" or "a good deal" on a car thats off the lot vs. ordered?
Shouldn't matter. Although the odds of a sport package/manual tranny car being on the lot is very slim.

And "fair" is $1200-$2000 over invoice, depending on model and region. Under $1500 is a great deal and over $2K means you got shafted.

G

·
geomax said:
TD - whats your take on Edmunds "TMV" price??
For many buyers, it protects them from getting royally shafted. But it errs high.

I question the methodology. When they first launched it, they had a link where you could go to fill out a survey asking what you paid so it could go into the average. But my VIN never "took", it always said something like "We are not surveying that model at this time", so I never contributed. But while my VIN was still getting this message, a TMV for the '01 330i was presented on their site. Hmmm, where'd they get the info?

And, if you think about it, how in the world *could* they accurately determine what people are paying? I cannot think of a logistically feasible methodology. So I suspect there's a form of "educated guess" involved based on what they know about demand, availability of rebated/incentives, and the haggling policy for a given manufacturer. BMWs are in demand so people must be paying MSRP, right?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Dubs said:

?! I got my 323Ci (which is essentially the same model and price) with metallic paint (topaz), black leather, sports package, Xenon lights, moonroof, and the biggest money package of them all, NAVIGATION system all for $34,000 OUT THE DOOR...And I could have easily negotiated another $2,000 off of that if I had done European Delivery as well as use my BMWCCA discount.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Re: Re: 325Ci for under $35K?

The HACK said:

?! I got my 323Ci (which is essentially the same model and price) with metallic paint (topaz), black leather, sports package, Xenon lights, moonroof, and the biggest money package of them all, NAVIGATION system all for $34,000 OUT THE DOOR...And I could have easily negotiated another $2,000 off of that if I had done European Delivery as well as use my BMWCCA discount.
323s musta cost a lot less back then. INVOICE on the equivalent today is $32,530. Let's go on the cheap and say $1200 over that, add MACO, T&S, Destination, and TTL for LACO and you're looking at $37k.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 325Ci for under $35K?

Kaz said:

323s musta cost a lot less back then. INVOICE on the equivalent today is $32,530. Let's go on the cheap and say $1200 over that, add MACO, T&S, Destination, and TTL for LACO and you're looking at $37k.
In that case if his friend is looking to hit under $36K then she should look hard at European Delivery, because on a quick look she's got almost all the same options (sans Nav). Although I'm sure Dave will disagree on that.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 325Ci for under $35K?

The HACK said:

In that case if his friend is looking to hit under $36K then she should look hard at European Delivery, because on a quick look she's got almost all the same options (sans Nav). Although I'm sure Dave will disagree on that.
Take out the NAV and leather and its down 3 grand, so even if $1200 over won't happen, its still pretty close to the $35k mark. A friend of mine is basically looking at the same thing in a 330ci and its definitely more like $40k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's what she found in NJ this past weekend trying to stay under 35K:

Final numbers for a Topaz blue 325Ci with Sports Pack and Steptronic as the ONLY options came out to around 34,000, after taxes, interest, MV, etc. It ended up being $3000 down, $606/month for a 60 month finance agreement.

How did you guys get better deals and more options? Lease?

·
10,856 Posts
My car isn't leased.
After all taxes, tags, registration plus $1200 over invoice, it came to 38K out the door.
Does she need the automatic tranny? That'll pay for some nice options.
EVERY SINGLE person who responded to this thread drives a manual. That would be how we got our prices.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Dubs said:
Here's what she found in NJ this past weekend trying to stay under 35K:

Final numbers for a Topaz blue 325Ci with Sports Pack and Steptronic as the ONLY options came out to around 34,000, after taxes, interest, MV, etc. It ended up being $3000 down, $606/month for a 60 month finance agreement.

How did you guys get better deals and more options? Lease?
Hhhhmm....When I ordered my 325ci, I got the sports package, leather, sunroof, metallic paint as options for $33K even. I haggled hard too..they would go only so far on a cash discount. I mean, I really pushed to the point where they said I could take my business elsewhere if I wasn't happy (about 2 weeks worth of badgering my sales advisor. They weren't rude, they just told me). I then went for "soft" discounts - the floor matts were free (which they usually are, but not always), I got them to throw in a BMW Sports Jacket for my girlfriend, and a sweater for myself, plus a few baubles. They also gave us a gift certificate to a local restaurant. After that, I relented. I figure I got an OK deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Dubs,

NJ is a very competitive market (there must be around 15-20 dealers) so a $1500 over invoice is doable.

For a car specd out the way you want: 325CI, Topaz, Step, SP, CWP, HK, Bi-Xenon the invoice is 32675. Add $1500 dealer profit and $200 MACO, plus a 0.06 taxes and $75 DMV and the out of the door price is around $36400. To get it under $35K you need to take out some options like HK, CWP and/or Xenons.

BTW, If you're in NJ, Open Road or Flemington BMW gave me some very good prices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.