Bimmerfest BMW banner

Which one should I do? (If ED, it will only be for 3 days)

• Get 325cic loaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get 330cic loaded with European Delivery

Votes: 17 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now I'm thinking. For the price of a 325cic..I can get the 330cic with European Delivery. How big is the difference between the 330 and 325 convertibles? I drove the auto 330 and it felt more sluggish than the 325 manual. I'm assuming it was just because of the different transmissions. Can someone please help out, especially if you've driven both.

Thanks!

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Are you getting the manual or auto? I've driven the 325Ci with a manual and an auto. There is a noticable difference between these two cars and my 330Ci. You'll especially notice a difference in acceleration from a stop and top gear passing.

I would go for the 330Ci with Euro delivery. You'll be happier in the long run with this car and you'll get to see Europe. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the ED come out of the dealer allotment?

If it doesn't, then I'm shooting for $1000-$1500 over invoice. Realistic?

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'll meet you in Munich ;-)

·
Registered
344 Posts
You'll need all the extra power you can get with the convertible. But when I test drove the 325cic 5spd it actually felt "spunkier" than my 330 5spd. The real difference is that you don't have to pay as much attention to what gear your in with the 330...and it doesn't rev so high @ 70mph on the freeway.

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
Are you getting the hardtop? Just remember that, if you are, you'll be driving aroung Europe with it on (unless you have somewhere to store it over there). It would be nice to be able to put the top down while you're there!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Hardtop - At least not right now

If I can work out the logisitics, I now think that ED is the way to go :) I figure I'll save about 3k (4k- the the 1k for airfare and 4 nights stay). However I'll only be there for 3-4 days. Probably leave on a Wednesday night after work and come back on Sunday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts