BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on here and I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to car parts. I have a 1986 325 es and there's a broken part underneath the car. It looks like cast steel and runs across the width of the car, connecting just in front of the rear tires on both sides. This part has snapped near one of the connections and I'm looking for a replacement part but I don't know what it's called (I've had it welded but it snapped just next to the weld after a few months). Any help would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the help! Is number 4 on the diagram that whole metal piece? Because I think that's what broke (the push rod left). It only had one bolt in it when I bought it and apparently it rattled itself so badly on the way from Seattle to LA that the metal weakened enough to finally snap one day when I hit a bump. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.