BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there...
New to this forum and definitely not a BMW expert (but a huge fan!) I seek some advice - and trust that this must be the correct forum :)
I have completely fallen for the 325i Coupé. Beautiful car - and actually - it seems to me that it has some of the curves and details of the new 3-series. At least with the tail lights and rear end.... But maybe Im just dreaming there - still shopping for a used car :-(

However, at least here in Europe, the 325i Coupé model changed around 2007 from a 2.5 to a 3.0 liter motor.

Any advice whether I should go for a 2.5 liter 2006 model or a 2007/2008 3.0 liter model?
The 2.5 is slightly cheaper but is there any substantial differences that make the 3.0 the only logical choice?
- is the motor completely different - better technology - better performance - longer life?
- is there any other changes to the 325i Coupe when going from 2.5 to 3.0 (or was it only the motor that changed?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
(great forum by the way - impressive!)

Best regards
SA

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,264 Posts
In late 2007 the 325i switched to the 3,0 litre Direct-Injection (N53) engine which reduced fuel consumption and emissions and produces a bit more torque compared to the 2,5 litre (N52). Based on my readings of other forums, the N53 DI engine is overall okay but tends to have a few more bugs and issues in respects to the injectors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.