BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 BMW 325i that I recently had checked because the service engine light was on.
It read that I had cylinders that were misfiring. However, the car was running fine with no issues.
I changed the spark plugs first to see if that would cure the misfires and reset the light. It did not. I then changed all the ignition coils as I noted a few of them had wear marks.
After replacing the coils, I started the car and it ran rough and shaking and the service engine light began flashing.
I then shut the car off, checked all the coils to make sure the coils were properly secured, and restarted the car. Again the car was running rough and shaking with the check engine light flashing. The car seemed to want to die so I immediately shut it off.
Please advise

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Pull the plugs and see what they look like.....

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Better picture.
Oil fouled, which would point to a failing CVV....(they ALL die sooner or later, it`s just one of the many sh!tty systems bestowed on us by BMW....)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.